Problem Upgrade from 1050Ti to 1660S and same FPS !

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by TheJackal, May 18, 2021.

1. TheJackal

TheJackal Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
  2. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +352 / 0 / -0
  3. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    But you´ll need a new motherboard and RAM too!

As it is not a critical situation and you can play other games fine, it might be worth holding on till Intel confirm the 12th gen release date as with that one they go to a new density plus DDR5 support so the older series will come down a lot, as will memory and obsolete motherboards.. 9th/10th/11th desktop versions aren´t much more than refreshes of the 8th gen anyway, one of the reasons why they are behind AMD.

The Bitcoin situation is also worth monitoring as everything is too damn high right now.

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: May 20, 2021
  4. TheJackal

TheJackal Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Yes, CPU + Motherboard + RAM (16GB) + Cooler (AIO liquid) + Case is around $600.

I already have a new ATX PSU that I'm running in the Z400 case at the moment due to the extra consumption from the 1660S. Can't re-use the Z400 case because its completely non-standard, even for the PSU conversion I had to buy a special cable in order to convert the pin-out on the 24pin MB connector.

I've looked into previous generation systems, including socket 1151 processors but the price difference doesn't justify it.

5. SimonWhitehead

SimonWhitehead New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I have an i5-9600k GTX-1660Ti and 16GB Ram and since the last update struggle to get 50-60 FPS in single player with just myself on track on low settings which is virtually unplayable . Before I was getting 120+ FPS, what the hells happened :eek:

6. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +790 / 0 / -0
    Check that your gpu driver didnt update to a windows one , im using an old nvidia and im way above those figures with worse equipement

Andi

7. SimonWhitehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Tried various drivers some going back 12 months as well as trying just about everything else in the last week and a half, ACC, RF2 etc all play fine something in the last update doesn't like my PC :oops: I'll just wait for the next update and see what happens :(

8. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +790 / 0 / -0
    Try checking the ingame graphics section just incase car reflections and shadows haveset themselves to the highest option
    Andi

9. SimonWhitehead

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    To be honest Andi I used to play with everything maxed out and my PC never broke a sweat, I've actually uninstalled for now and put my Windows image back on for the time being but appreciate the good advice ...Cheers ;)

10. TheJackal

TheJackal Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Right guys, I threw the kitchen sink at it !:)

This has been my first build since 2003 (good ol' days of Athlon XP) as I've been on laptops for most stuff (work/personal) and an old work HP Z400 has been my "gaming PC" since I got into sim racing.

Specs:
    • Intel Core i5 10600KF @ 4.1 GHz
    • MSI Z490-A PRO Motherboard
    • 16GB Crucial Ballistix CL16
    • AIO Watercooler (Arctic Liquid Freezer)
    I've only just build the thing and I'll be testing Raceroom later on tonight. All I can say is that the quality of components (case included) have come a long long way since '03.

Back in the day case modding meant taking a dremmel to it :)

11. Nir Tal

Nir Tal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0
    20yrs in computer tech is about 200yrs in cars tech...it means your build was actually a horse and a carriage ;)

12. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    Bart Simpson : "Welcome to the 21st Century, George! " :)

13. TheJackal

TheJackal Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    DirectX 9 benchmarks are in:

Capture.PNG

• Like Like x 3
  14. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    So basically double what you had before. Let us know how that translates into in game performance with RRE and also with other stuff like AC!

I see the benchmarks for the new 11th Gen i7 high performance laptops are coming in and they are seriously smoking previous ones thanks to 2 more cores and 10nm architecture and are on a par with the fastest Ryzen 9 chips both in single and multi thread use. That´s significant for desktop users too as it is the first 10nm Intel chip - desktops will get them in 12th gen coming this winter. Looks like round 3 in the chip war is heating up and will benefit those who upgrade in 2022 as they will also have DDR5 and new Nvidia cards to look forward to.

Last edited: May 25, 2021
  15. TheJackal

TheJackal Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    FPS values are through the roof compared to my old setup!

On the toughest circuit (Spa going down towards Eau Rouge) I'm getting 97fps but everywhere else its 140+ :D

16. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    Nord 24h and VLN are the biggest FPS killers I think - maybe the recent Chinese tracks too but I don´t have them.
    Do you actually notice a difference between 100 and 140FPS? Anything above 70 for me is not appreciable as I am not an eagle!