When will Sector3 commit to a graphical upgrade roadmap to take the top spot!!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by VFX Pro, May 28, 2021.

1. sergeich

sergeich Active Member

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    AC still dont have any alternatives

2. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    Ac have previously developed an engine so they are aware of what is the process, with acc2 being announced for 2024 , i guess they have given themselves time to do that

Andi

3. Nash Bobo

Nash Bobo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    RRE racing so good, that you're willing to put up with the people.

"Nash"

4. ElSnowman

ElSnowman New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Like others have said, physics and FFB are the top focus right now and I think that's for the best. I think they almost have rFactor2 beat in physics and this new update might be the one that beats rFactor2. I compared the Nissan GT-R GT1 in both R3E and rF2, and it seemed like rF2 had the edge with it feeling like I was actually in the car. I think the only reason it had the edge over R3E was the feel of the weight transfer. Almost felt like it lagged in R3E but I'm betting this update will make it way closer. If they become top dogs in physics with good multiplayer, this game would surely be in the spotlight. Graphics on the other hand wouldn't attract too many people

5. MarcG

MarcG Active Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    A move to DX11 would be great to better utilise the structure for VR support, whilst VR is OK right now it could be a lot better. So personally I couldn't give a rats behind about fancy new graphics, the Sim can stay the way it looks forever and I'll be happy, but some optimisation of the current code and/or DX11 wouldn't go amiss.

Where are you getting ACC2 announced for 2024 from?

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    The RRE GTR1s are still on older gen physics and tyre models than the GTR3s and 4s and I am not a big fan of them.
    Physics and FFB are obviously very personal preferences and go with what you want from a game (fun vs realism) and the equipment you have but I prefer RRE physics to RF2 and AC1. The latter two can also be very hit and miss on a car per car due to the modding platform whereas with RRE there is more consistency as I think there are only 3 generations of physics currently being used so some people will like the cars from a particular generation more and that´s fine.

I´d say that one issue we often overlook is the attitude of the developer to the community in terms of implementing what we want and fixing what is broken and in this regard S3 and Reiza are much better places to be than Kunos, EA, Codemasters and SMS. We can give the Motorsport people a break for now since they only just got RF2.

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: May 31, 2021
  7. ElSnowman

ElSnowman New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Is there a list anywhere where I can see which cars are on which physics generation? This is something I didn't know but thank you for informing me. I would love to try the GT-R GT1 whenever it's updated

8. Hervé45

Hervé45 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +135 / 0 / -0
  9. CheerfullyInsane

CheerfullyInsane Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402 / 0 / -0
    • Like Like x 1
  10. MarcG

MarcG Active Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
  11. sergeich

sergeich Active Member

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    Agree with Vale. rF's FFB gives more pleasure to my hands :) but this is like food-taste-flavor-enhancer. Real car has no such "tasty" FFB like rF provides. Despite all the shortcomings - RR is the best for me. rF has extremely stupid AI and has no out-of-league multiplayer. AC - very beautiful with SOL+HS, but just for fun :)

12. Wayne Hutchison

Wayne Hutchison New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I would think laser scans of tracks people have actually heard of would be on the list somewhere :)

13. Andi Goodwin

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    I think understanding how different sims use laser scans and how a laser scan becomes out of date very quickly should be high on the list of sim racers understanding

Andi

• Agree Agree x 4
  14. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +356 / 0 / -0
    I'd read about that.

15. Andi Goodwin

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    Well done
    Andi

16. Arcson

Arcson Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    I believe by 'd he meant "would" instead of "had" :p

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Wayne Hutchison

Wayne Hutchison New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    More out of date than tracks not built from laser scans?

18. Andi Goodwin

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    No

Laser scan can be a con , it depends on how much data points you use and lots of sims skinny this down to an absolute minimum
    Then we have to remember that tarmac is a very thick fluid , so it moves
    After that there are a million things , that can change

A good track is a good track if its well made
    It doesnt need laser scaning to be a good track

Andi

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 3
  19. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    Yes, good luck laser scanning Interlagos or Baku, those tracks surfaces are not even the same at the beginning and end of a race!

However for accurate track lengths and elevation changes it is probably the most accurate way but very expensive luxury unless you are just doing half mile ovals.

20. nickh158

nickh158 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0
    I read somewhere that Raceroom gets its data from the track blueprints, which must be pretty accurate, or did I imagine that?