Suggestions regarding incident points (ranked)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by V10_Dog, May 30, 2021.

1. V10_Dog

V10_Dog Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Hey Team,
    since the ranked system is in beta right now you are still open for feedback right? I have 2 ideas regarding incident points that i want to share.
    The first one is about contact sensitivity in different car classes. It´s absolutely crucial that you don´t make contact with other drivers in Open Wheelers for example, but not so much in other classes, were close door-to-door racing is possible and desired. Yet it seems like the incident point system isn´t accounting for that at all. I think it would be nice to have different sensititys for different car classes.
    The other suggestion is regarding blue flagged cars. It´s a real problem in some races, especially with hard to drive cars like the 1992 DTM cars. It happens so often, that I fight for the lead, the podium or just the Top 5 and come across a lapped car who is completely overwhelmed or just isn´t caring about blue flags. Why should I be punished with incident points, when they hit me? I understand that it would cause other problems, to enable the flag rules and their penalties, but surely i don´t need to be punished in reputation for them not getting out of the way or being unable to control their car. What do you guys think?

Last edited: May 31, 2021
  2. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    Blue flag means a faster car is approaching
    It doesnt mean get out the way
    Its not f1 with 3 marshal posts
    Its up to you to get past cleanly

If you think there action was intentional report them

Andi

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. V10_Dog

V10_Dog Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    The problem is the variety in skill level. If i have someone 1-3 tenth behind me, fighting for a top position, i can absolutely not afford to brake 50m earlier then every lap before, because then the car behind will crash into me or in the best case overtake me. So the only option is to "divebomb" the blue flagged car, who will not see me or just doesn´t want to get divebombed, of course, I can understand that as well. And then it gets really tricky sometimes, because you just don´t know, where their braking point is.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  4. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    Welcome to the world of what real racing is about

Andi

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. V10_Dog

V10_Dog Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    I don´t know, in real life people are much closer matched, even in multi class racing you sort of know which car will do what, based on their class.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. nickh158

nickh158 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0
    This has been discussed many, many times. The general answer you`ll get is "it`s fine, don`t worry about it."

7. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +356 / 0 / -0
    Don't you think it's actually a good idea?

8. Roger Sæle

Roger Sæle New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    In a race I don't think blue flags should just be informative, like "just for information your being lapped, but no actions needed". What's the point of the flag then? There has to be a difference between a car that have just catched you, but is one the same lap (which I guess also constitutes "faster car approaching"), and a lapping car. The difference being you can race them and in the case of being lapped you shouldn't.

I think it should mean:
    • Try to not compromise the race of the lapping car (i.e. do not race them)
    • Facilitate the pass at the earliest convenience

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. KoenigseggRS

KoenigseggRS New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    I think a blue flag doesn't necessarily mean that the driver being lapped has to get compromise their race for yours, instead I think it would be the driver who is overtaking to do it safely.

10. Roger Sæle

Roger Sæle New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Yes, fine, but more often than not the lapping car has more too lose than the car being lapped. All I am saying really is that there should be a difference between a car catching up and a car lapping you. If a car just catches you, race him, drive defensively, fight him for the position. But when being lapped don't, hence the blue flag. And in many cases the car being lapped has a higher change of getting race compromised if he does not facilitate the pass.

11. Olive

Olive New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    A light blue flag, sometimes with a diagonal yellow, orange, or red stripe, informs a driver that a faster car is approaching and that the driver should move aside to allow one or more faster cars to pass. During a race, this would only be usually shown to a driver who is getting lapped but during practice or qualifying sessions, it could be shown to any driver.