Bug 2 small bugs at Vålerbanen

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Ablaze, Jun 3, 2021.

1. Ablaze

Ablaze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +120 / 0 / -0
    1) There's a small gap in the terrain mesh at turn 6:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2) All traffic cones have no physic properties so you'll drive through them and they don't collide with the car.

3) Maybe not a bug but the skybox looks completely different in the preview shots. The one from the previews looks much nicer in my opinion so I was a bit disappointed that we've got the old generic skybox.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  2. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    added to bug tracker

Andi

• Like Like x 1
  3. OtterNas3

OtterNas3 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    Keep in mind that the Skybox adjusts on the time of Day you set for your Session

4. Arthur Spooner

Arthur Spooner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    And AFAIK traffic cones don't collide anymore with anything for quite some time now. This is not a bug but a feature. Maybe it's still a thing on older tracks.

5. Ablaze

Ablaze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +120 / 0 / -0
    @OtterNas3 I'm aware of that. Compare the preview screens from Brno and Vålerbanen. The skybox at Vålerbanen doesn't look like that ingame but like the skybox from Brno (which is the same generic one that is used on a lot of tracks).

How is this a feature? o_O I mean it works on other tracks with the orange cones so why disable that?

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  6. Arthur Spooner

Arthur Spooner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    I'm not sure, but I think it didn't work reliably in a realistic way or something...

I really forgot the exact reason, but if I'm not totally mistaken this is on purpose.

7. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    You can't drive over cones that mark the track layout. People used to abuse this in multiplayer so players joining the server wouldn't know where to go.

• Informative Informative x 2
  8. Ablaze

Ablaze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +120 / 0 / -0
    Thanks @majuh for the explanation. Makes sense.

Before I was starting this thread I was picking a random track to verify that you can run over cones and that's still the case at the Lausitzring. Every cone I tried flew through the air so I assumed that it was just an oversight at Vålerbanen.