Fanatec General Discussion

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by DomB, May 22, 2018.

1. Bull Shark

Bull Shark Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    Lol this are Great times for Fanatec. Their new F1 Rim was sold out in a record time. Will be no different with their new DD wheel. You should get the one with with the updated power power pack according GamerMuscle. This DD is as good as the DD1 from Fanatec. Also according to GamerMuscle.

2. AlexBlob

AlexBlob Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +60 / 0 / -0
    Fanatec have also seemed to update all there Clubsport Uni hubs and the standard Formula V2 rim to have magnetics shifters, so its theory it cheaper then before. Only thing missing is the podium hub that has gone away, I guess there was little reason to get it over the standard Uni hub.

3. Wilko Jones

Wilko Jones Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +79 / 0 / -0
    Did the Podium Universal hub have a removable quick release? I don't remember it having that capability. I know it was able to use the advanced paddle modules, and it had some pods like the Uni-hub.

Maybe its getting a removable QR?

4. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +156 / 0 / -0
    Will from Boosted Media said the 8Nm was the go also but it was a definite step down from the DD1 .

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. 2ndLastJedi

Ratings:
    +156 / 0 / -0
    In Australia they are actually cheaper, the old Xbox Hub is $599 but the new V2 is $559 with those new paddles (which are great actually, i have them on my old old Universal hub the one without Xbox compatibility).

And no, both older Uni Hubs don't have the removable QR :( and to fit the Clubsport magnetic paddle module i had to remove the 6 pin connector and fit the 2 pin from the original paddles, it was a little thing Fanatec decided to do to try get people to upgrade, say that it wasn't compatible because the connector was wrong but these paddles only use a 2 wire to 6 pin connector o_O

6. Bull Shark

Bull Shark Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, every body thinks different I guess. I don’t have the money at the moment anyway, due to the recently purchase of the 3 iPads :D

7. AlexBlob

AlexBlob Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +60 / 0 / -0
    I didn't have any issue with my Xbox Uni Hub and the Clubsport Magnetic shifters. I didn't notice the newer one had the new QR mounts on the rear. The podium hub also had this but since the V2 now has it I guess there no need.

8. Arthur Spooner

Arthur Spooner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    The Podium hub always seemed a bit silly to me. The only way to have a lot of buttons on it was the Podium Button Module Endurance. While the Uni Hub could carry upto 5 of the generic button boxes and one Funky Switch, the Podium Hub could only carry two button boxes. And the Uni Hub could also fit the Podium Button Module Endurance and all shifter paddle sets. Alltogether the Uni Hub was more capable, just didn't look so cool.

The Podium Hub actually had the removable (I guess also at least potentially upgradeable) QR. This is something the old Uni Hub was missing. Now with the new QR coming and the new Uni Hub also featuring an upgradeable QR, I don't think the Podium Hub will return in its old form. Maybe a new Podium Hub with the new QR already installed and maybe some more features and possibilities for the generic button boxes will come. This would at least make a lot more sense than the old Podium Hub.

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. 2ndLastJedi

Ratings:
    +156 / 0 / -0
    As i said, i have the old, old uni Hub, this is on their site ↓↓

Not compatible with:
    • ClubSport Steering Wheel Universal Hub (discontinued version)
    and it is a simple pin plug swap to make it compatible, but now how do i get it compatible with the QR2??:oops:

10. 2ndLastJedi

Ratings:
    +156 / 0 / -0
    For me the biggest problem with the podium module is the fact you cant use the on wheel tuning menus and as my base (CSWv2) doesn't have that option in Fanatec software makes the podium hub a definite no, even if it had the button modules there is no tuning button.

11. Wilko Jones

Ratings:
    +79 / 0 / -0
    Fanatec appears to be preparing for wave 2. I just got an email about being eligible for wave two. I already pre-ordered, so I'll just delete the email. If anyone here signed up for notifications on Fanatec's thenewstandardd site, then look out for an email. Check your spam or junk folders.

12. Wilko Jones

Ratings:
    +79 / 0 / -0
    The wiper button, is the tuning button.

You must mean, the Podium hub. If so, then you're correct. The Podium button module does have a tuning button.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2021
  13. gazzabel333

gazzabel333 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi guys, I have recently installed RR however I am having issues in configuring my fanatec CSL elite wheel, in game when setting up the wheel it detects my fanatec wheel etc however it does not allow/detect the wheel x and y axis ie turn left and right. It does however detect my pedals and set the buttons on the wheel. Can anyone advise how I go about in resolving this?

14. Arthur Spooner

Arthur Spooner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    Assign them.

15. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +790 / 0 / -0
    Turn the wheel to the absolute maximum , both left and right while binding

Andi

16. 2ndLastJedi

Ratings:
    +156 / 0 / -0
    Yeah i mean the Podium Hud doesn't have the tuning button and i was talking about the button cluster pack that you would use if you wanted buttons for the podium Hub, you still don't have the tuning button.
    What do you mean the wiper button is the tuning button?

17. Wilko Jones

Ratings:
    +79 / 0 / -0
  18. Lixma

Lixma Honorary QA

Ratings:
    +174 / 0 / -0
    Got the same email.

Apparently we can upgrade and enjoy the benefits of 8nm for the bargain price of......€149.

€149 for a 180W psu? Are they taking the piss?

19. geoffers

geoffers Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    Yes! Ridiculous price.

20. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +790 / 0 / -0
    But if you use an aftermarket one 0and blow your wheel , i guess your waranty is void

Andi

• Agree Agree x 1