Automobilista 2

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by RoccoTTS, May 25, 2019.

1. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    When you get to try our new ffb you'll probably find that the snappiness isn't an issue anymore. The ffb does such a good job of reacting to the movement of the car in the correct way that it's much easier and almost an automatic response to catch the car before it develops into a death slide. I've also found that you can play with the car more around the limit of grip for the same reason. They will still spin if you do stupid things as the underlying physics is the same but the confidence to push them is so much higher.

AMS2 feels to me like it's letting the cars move around too much, I don't get the feeling of weight and grip in the car as they are always moving around a bit. Almost like being on cold tyres all the time.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. SunnySunday

SunnySunday Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +79 / 0 / -0
    I Love how active I need to be with the wheel and pedal in ams2. Always micro correcting. For me this feels like a next gen simulator. But I realize alot of people really don't like how it handles. It's wierd that it's so divided

3. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    But that's not how cars on a track react. I've driven a few cars irl and even a formula type car is very smooth with the inputs.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +170 / 0 / -0
    All sims are though, aren't they? It's not unique to AMS 2. Some people love R3E, some hate it. Some people love ACC, some hate it. Some people love iRacing, some hate it. There are always fans and detractors.

The issue is that there aren't enough real racing drivers who know what they're on about giving their expert views on different sims. Instead we have armchair experts who have only ever raced sims telling us a sim is "right" or "wrong". And far too many other armchair racers taking the word of armchair experts as gospel just because they have a popular YouTrash channel.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. SunnySunday

Ratings:
    +79 / 0 / -0
    On the edge of grip there would be the need for micro correcting though. But yeah I don't know which sim is the most realistic and it really doesn't matter. Ams2 stills my thirst for sim racing and at the end of the day that's all that matters :)

6. SunnySunday

Ratings:
    +79 / 0 / -0
    Very true, I'm pretty annoyed by these" youtrash" experts

7. ozcanuck55

ozcanuck55 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +145 / 0 / -0
    The new Real Weather is bloody awesome.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Bull Shark

Bull Shark Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    I just love racing around on tracks with different cars and classes. I never drove a real race car so I don’t know how it feels. All the racesims do have their cons and pro’s but for me they all do where I’m looking for and that is having fun. Wether it is a real close to real life racing or closer to arcade, I don’t care as long as I have fun with my games and gear.. :D

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Andy Kettler

Andy Kettler Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,107 / 0 / -0
    The weather and the seasons are my favourit things in AMS2. The driving for my taste has still a bit too much Pcars DNA on the limit...

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  10. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    One really nice feature that few people talk about is you can drive on DLC you don´t own in multiplayer mode. Now all we need is more online players.
    Considering how long games like RRE, Rf2 and even ACC have taken to get good, AMS2 is looking really promising. Ideally 1.2 should have been 1.0 but the important thing is they are going in the right direction and starting to exploit what seems to be a really good game engine with the best compromise between graphics quality and performance requirements.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. R.Noctua

R.Noctua Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    I love that there's an opportunity to see autumn tracks in game.

Nring + Autumn + Rain + M4 GT4 :eek::)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. olli green

olli green Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    Agree, nice combo.
    Unfortunately they only allow 30 AIs as opponents... That's not enough for the one and only nordschleife...:(

13. R.Noctua

R.Noctua Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    On the one hand I agree that 30 is not enough. On the other hand in RRE I have to turn off mirrors because of FPS drop if on track 60 AI(2600X + RTX2070, 60 FPS), so I stopped using that amount.

14. Badgerous

Badgerous Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +223 / 0 / -0
    I caved and bought the US DLC pack. (Apparently I've spent too much in iRacing recently, as £11 for 4 cars and 3 tracks seemed like quite a bargain..)

Seca is nice, and looks lovely during some of the more extreme times of day, etc. Cars are their usual mixed bag, but I'm quite taken with the RSR atm.. ..And while audio is not AMS2's strong point by a long shot, following another RSR bumper-to-bumper sounds great.

15. Balrog

Balrog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 0 / -0
    Overall, I'm quite happy with AMS2 atm, although the quality of the content is still inconsistent indeed, but the driving experience itself has improved quite a lot since the beginning. There are still a few categories which feel totally off, like the V8 Supercar for example, but the various GT, prototype and single seater categories provide great fun I think.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2021
  16. Balrog

Balrog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 0 / -0
    RR has a nice "Visible Cars" feature in the Graphics Settings, I'd suggest keeping it at ~20-24 cars. It will automatically show only the closest X cars around you and hide the rest, saving computing power when using bigger fields.

• Informative Informative x 1
  17. SunnySunday

Ratings:
    +79 / 0 / -0
    I agree that some cars and classes don't feel that great. But obviously which ones are subjective, as I for one completely love the v8's. Maybe they are a little bit too unstable compared to reality I'm not sure, but to me they feel challenging and very rewarding when you manage to tame it

18. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    You have to admire Reiza´s work ethic as they release update after update in the same week. Things are getting pretty good now and adjusting the control settings has brought me to a level where I prefer the handling of a lot of cars to their RRE counterparts now.

They still need to invest in the multiplayer mode with official servers and build a bigger player base then things will get interesting. The game also needs better car sounds.

19. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +352 / 0 / -0
    Can you adjust steering lock in AMS2? I can't seem to find this parameter in PC2, I only see "steering ratio" but I don't know if it actually reduces steering lock.

20. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    Yes, it should be in the car setup menu but I haven´t got to playing with set ups yet as they are tinkering with the cars themselves. As I don´t use a wheel the lowest one is usually good for me, it´s over sensitivity that was the problem but I have fixed that.