Question Toxic troll on Hillclimb Icons

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by GT3Fanatic, Jun 9, 2021.

1. GT3Fanatic

GT3Fanatic Active Member

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    Hi!

I was wondering if there is anything that can be done about trolls/toxic players/race ruiners in RR. There is a player named Edouard Hollandovich who has been racing mainly Hillclimb Icons on servers such as "kellerserver" for some years now. Every race he tries to crash into people and ruin people's races, and I really mean every race.

Is there a reporting system? Does sector3 try to penalize these kinds of players? Can something be done? What can be done, I am curious.

2. Paul Darke

Paul Darke Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +249 / 0 / -0
    You will need proof of your claim. A replay for instance, not just the incident but the replay should show the lead up. You can then post it in the "help" channel on RR discord.

3. Arthur Spooner

Arthur Spooner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    Reporting here only really works for the official ranked servers. In your case ("kellerserver") you better contact the respective server admin.

4. Paul Darke

Paul Darke Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +249 / 0 / -0
    That will teach me to read properly.

5. GT3Fanatic

GT3Fanatic Active Member

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    So if I understand you correctly, it is entirely up to the server admin to ban trolls on their servers and sector3 won't do it even with replay evidence? If so, how can I come in contact with a server admin?

6. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +790 / 0 / -0
    Just put the video here , and see what happens

Andi

7. GT3Fanatic

GT3Fanatic Active Member

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    Here is the download-link for the replays: https://gofile.io/d/PkfDXe
    I still hope to get an answer to my previous questions. Do I have to get in touch with every server host where he trolls drivers? And if so, how do I get in touch with server hosts?

8. FormelLMS

FormelLMS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +229 / 0 / -0
    Oh well, wanted to look at this, but don’t want to fire up my pc, load the replay file and watch. Would be good to have the Video on YouTube or a Video site of your likes.

9. GT3Fanatic

GT3Fanatic Active Member

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    It seems like it won't matter anyway, no one will do anything about it. I asked mods on discord as well. So, yeah... whatever. Thanks for the help.

10. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +352 / 0 / -0
    It's not on ranked servers so it looks like it's not a Sector3 issue, right?

On the other hand, if there's someone joining lots of different servers just to make a mess, you cannot expect every admin of current and future servers to know about him and block him, nor can you expect a player to "get in touch" with all the servers' admins. This just creates an opportunity for griefing that is hard to stop by people who are affected by it.

I think Sector3 should consider doing something is such cases.

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2021
  11. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    Yes, that makes sense but there also has to be clear evidence e.g. a full race replay and not some edit to make one party look guilty e.g a retaliation to an edited incident or vice versa.

It´s also worth taking into account that f2p servers are much more likely to attract casual players with no vested interest in keeping their noses clean who can simply create a new account and rinse and repeat. Yes they have an IP and stuff but there are always workarounds.