Thank you , i enjoyed my time with ranking !

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Olive, Jun 7, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Olive

Olive New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    I hope the ranking will evolve in a good way, it is only frustrating for now.
    I just feel like i'm loosing my time trying to earn some points.

I had some spare time tonight so tried to run 4 races , i lost points in each ones.While i know i'm far from a top tier pilot, some sh!%%$ things happens :

GT3 nordschleife : a guy take my back while i'm turning => wall => from 12th to 17 th => -6 points , the guy just had a penality.

[​IMG]

how fair is that ?

2nd Nordschleife : dunno exactly what happened but i was in a pack , been hitted, i certainly hitted someone, that was the 2nd turn.
    Later ( 10 turns after ) i realize i have only 2 points left...
    getting out of the 1st parabolic turn , a guy and another on each side of the track ( lost control i guess ), one try to reach the road with the rear gear ( ! ) , he takes my front left => 2 points penality => disqualified :(

[​IMG]

Why people can move while they are out of track and people passing by ?

While i'm at it
    i've just remember the start too , i was driving the Ferrari P4/5 , i've not messed up the start ( this time ), some 911 and Audi LMS left me in place like i was stopped.

So the "we don't know how to proceed, then in case of contact , each people is penalized" can't be the way.
    After all we are talking about simulation, so we're trying to feel like a real race right ? imagine this kind of ranking in real race ...

The game suits me , i like it a lot , but that part of the game is really bad and kills the fun totally.
    Let's play rfactor2 for some times...

Edit : corrected trackname so Mr Spooner can sleep well ^^

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2021
  2. Zackmchack

Zackmchack New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    I have the fun of my life in ranked mode. Even with aggressive drivers, I want more. I've learned to drive in a race with others is more fun. I don't care if I lose 20 points, but I get points again quickly if I find a combo that suits me.
    Conclusion: Always stay tuned, even if you are slower than the others.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +355 / 0 / -0
    1) Elo rating is not a ladder or an XP bar from an RPG which should always go up (and if it's not, it means you don't play the game as it should be). Rating is an indicator of your skill. The further away it is from your real skill (i.e. places you can reliably finish at), the more points you get/lose after a race. So don't worry all that much about losing some numbers: if you lost them because of other people's behaviour, you get them back in the next races even faster; if you lost them because that's how you drive, then that's your true rating.

2) Being spun out sucks, it happens from time to time, in real life too. Since in games people on average have less skill and awareness, contacts are more often, so we should learn how to drive more cautiously and try to predict what can happen and what to do to avoid accidents. I.e. don't rely on people to be clean and respectful, that's often too much to ask.

"I don't know what happened but after a half of a lap I ran out of incident points" - that's an area where you can improve massively. Maybe watch the replay and see what you could have done to avoid so many points.

• Like Like x 4
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2021
  4. Fapricio

Fapricio Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    I say (and some others too) "Always think that other drivers are going to hit you". It's called Defensive Driving. Yeah, you'll lose positions with this mentality, but it'll take you out from most of the accidents. If that's the point you want to achieve.

After some races, you notice X driver as a dive bombing, wrecker or just a stupid one. I do not fight them. I'll let them pass. 9/10 races he will get a DQ after a few laps (or even a few turns futher).

Nonetheless, I'll agree with you. Ranked need to evolve. It's just a beta. IMO, matchmaking will help to sort those people out of your way. But we need to attract more people here (I said we as a community, becasue we cannot enterely depend on devs on this side if we want RR to get a bigger sim).

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Arthur Spooner

Arthur Spooner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    Please, it's "Nordschleife"...

SCNR

• Like Like x 1
  6. Maskerader

Ratings:
    +355 / 0 / -0
    @Fapricio I wouldn't use the term "defensive" for that - in racing, "defending" most of the time means "defending you position" which is not what we're talking about. Anyway, nicely put. It made me realise that we're dealing with two ways to approach racing:
    1) Going after the highest position: possibly better results but with the maximum risk of incidents (this is good for single player but very risky in open multiplayer);
    2) Safe driving: worse results but with the lowest amount of risk.

It's better to learn both and then balance between them depending on the circumstances.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Fapricio

Fapricio Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    @Maskerader You are right. "Defensive" is the term for "real life" open roads driving. In racing lore, that'll make some confusions. "Safe" will be more appropriate here. Thanks.

Anyway, I was refering to that driving behaviour of avoiding any kind of confrontation. For those who are not top simdrivers (include me there), mid to end positions are a bit of carnage if you fight evry single position (or just driving). If you want to participate in more races, you need REP. And to get that REP you are, let say, "forced" to left aside RAT.

8. ⅀ℕiↅϻΔ

⅀ℕiↅϻΔ Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    Online Ranked Races suck and are broken!
    I got a rep of 80 then get ask by a friend to join a Porsche Classic race.
    This was a big misstake somone rammed me hardcore on purpose several times then he cut the track directly to just hit me on the rear and killed my engine. I had 3 friends watching it from behind Joe Bandit,Pelle1970,Vin Bleifrei
    I lost 15 Rep points for that!!! Good game Sector 3 o_O why do i get punished for someone hit my rear on purpose????
    Then tried to get my Rep back up and i joined a NSU TT cup with a friend cos i cant join any Rep70+ any more.
    There was again a ****** who first crashed on purpose into my friend Joe Bandit several times then lost the controlle or did not brake and rammed us both of the track. I tried to finish the race with a total broken car and lost again a hugh amount of REP points.
    To me as a real DMSB Sportwart (Racetrack Marshal)with a real Lizens who worked at NOS it is ridiculous.
    So it seems to be okay to drive like an absolute a**hole ramm everybody off the track cos you do not get any Incidence points for pushing somones rear.
    I tested it at the BMW no Rep race on Sepang.
    I did no quali time started from last place then in the 1st corner a guy tried to make another guy spin on purpose (he could brake but did not like he is driving in Gran Tourismo for playstation using opponents to brake)
    So i think "YEAH AGAIN UNFAIR IDIOTS DRIVING I WANT MY REP POINTS BACK NO MATTER WHAT"
    So I hit the guy also at the rear and pushed 5 cars OFF the track wow NO incidence Points WTF :eek:
    EZ racing like that i finished with 22 incidence points because i blocked hard everybody who tries to overtake :D
    Please Fix this Sector 3 or maybe there should be a report button for Destruction Derby Fanboys

Edit: wanna see how fair and fast i am join my Server:
    2 fast 4 You? by Doc Cannonball with animated Server Pic of 1992 DTM Cars
    Mostly i drive the Porsche Classic
    Greetings

• Dislike Dislike x 2
  9. Maskerader

Ratings:
    +355 / 0 / -0
    So instead of improving racing by reporting those rammers you made racing worse for a bunch of other guys. And you're the one talking about how racing is bad and the devs should fix it. You realise they fix it by banning people like you?

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  10. ⅀ℕiↅϻΔ

⅀ℕiↅϻΔ Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    I hope so much they bann permanent rammers!!!
    Dude you do not know me in any way or how i drive.
    So I did 1 race in words ONE Race where i rammed one guy on purpose (who rammed another one on purpose)
    So if you would know me oyu would know i never ramm on purpose or block others.
    Instead if i see someone is faster then me i let them pass.
    :rolleyes: and it is always argue with u ...why not just say YES it is true rammer situation sucks and points for ramming! ????
    Instead you are always talking like this agressiv way try trigger an argument blabla? :D lame sry
    This is an invite joine me on my server or TS im a kind guy but if you make me mad :p
    So peace

11. Nico Kunze

Nico Kunze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +396 / 0 / -0
    Those two dont really go together do they ;)
    If you feel like somebody is ramming others on purpose go and report them on here or i guess discord by uploading a video, including their name and maybe tagging a dev.
    If you start behaving the same way and then go on to brag about it dont be surprised if you end up no longer being able to join the ranked servers or get criticised by somebody on here ;)

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 3
  12. ⅀ℕiↅϻΔ

⅀ℕiↅϻΔ Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    Hi there ;)
    Reporting somone is not that easy in R3E like for example in Insurgency Sandstorm or other Steam games where you can view a list who you last played with.
    I allready DID Videos for reporting guys to RRVGT Admins because they said NO Bann without a proof :rolleyes:.
    So i recorded the guy who permanently ramm at start or block and hit you in the rear or just is an a****** in training.
    Maximilian Eisberg,S.Ortega,NoActiveMemory,Dennis something and a few more.
    Example Maxi Eisberg is driving like this EVERY TIME i even do not know why i should race against a GT³ with my group 5.
    I also ask him to leave me alone or take same Class if he wants to race. His answere was just F*** YOU Fag**
    Here is the video
    This video result in a RRVGT Ban for me lol @ Admin Gianni N. :p
    Only thing the Admin said was i should remove RRVGT name in the video
    Also joined there Discord to talk to Gianni N. but they are to shy maybe.
    I so i wrote to him why the bann and i wanted to see the video proof.The weak answere was i do ramm 2 people reported me the admin said...sure :confused:
    After asking the Admin Gianni N. there was No Proof at all i did anything wrong! WoW cool Admins:D
    Then i started my own server with a few friends with old cars and where we can Bann guys like this instandly.
    After banning 7 known rammer guys from the RRVGT Server the old car Races make fun again.
    Because now you do not have to watch all the time who is behind and who will ramm on purpose.
    As my friends all drive fair.
    So Dude as I allready said i drive absolute fair follow real rules for overtaken and flag rules.
    It is not my way of driving unfair since 2013.
    So please do not insinuate that I'm proud or brag my self of ramming i just wanted to see if i get any incidents for this and there was NON :eek:
    But my honest opinion there should be a black flag for me and everybody else when driving like that!!
    May i ask Why are so many here so hostile?hmm:oops:
    So if anybodys mad about my post again you can join me on my server and own me all day long on my server;)
    2 fast 4 You?

13. Nico Kunze

Ratings:
    +396 / 0 / -0
    You can take a look at the replay and enable the driver names to know who you want to report

Regarding the whole rrvgt thing i dont really have anything to say about that (although i didnt see anything ban worthy in that video tbh), i was talking about the ranked servers

Being curious still doesnt justify going around and ramming others on purpose. But if you did find a way of creating contact without getting incident points (although you said you ended the race with 22 incident points so where did those come from?) feel free to open a thread and report it so that it can be looked at and hopefully be fixed

14. nickh158

nickh158 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0
    Now I just do the Practice and Qualifying. Unless I`m in the top 5, which is about 1 in 50 times, I back out and go to my Single Player Championship. I`m in the same position as you: mid pack qualifying is just carnage and not worth the trouble.

15. ⅀ℕiↅϻΔ

⅀ℕiↅϻΔ Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    Yeah at that time i did not know how to find the ID of someone.:oops:
    In other games you hit shift +Tab and see with who you played.
    R3E failed here total but you can do the same with Crew Chief i guess looking for ID
    Dude here is the replay of it M.Griese in Action Full Destrution Derby RAW mode

So i did my marshal job at the NOS and driving like that will result in a BLACK FLAG within the first round.

Edit:I have the 22 Incident points cos i drove the track the first time and blocked everyone who wants to overtake.
    Like in real life the guy behind who crashes the car driving in front is NOT GUILTY.
    Will try next time on the Autobahn :D and tell the Policeofficer im NOT guilty Sir the guy in front is he was camping on left lane:p
    Oh and Yeah we figured out how to ramm or more push someone and get 0 INCIDENT POINTS you need the right angle and position to his car to push him at left or right *SECRET* :p .If you push with you hood at the trunk you will get points but not if you push with your *Secret* at the *Secret*. He will just spin of and never catch the car.
    Join me on ym server and ill show you. I will not make this public sorry.
    Maybe tell a DEV if it is still after then FFB patch

Last edited: Jun 10, 2021
  16. FormelLMS

FormelLMS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +229 / 0 / -0
    What a douchebag

17. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    Maybe multiclass or indeed all hotlap servers should be banned as they are more trouble than they are worth.

18. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0

what your talking about with your push thing is deliberate wrecking ; id be very careful and not do thisas this could lead to you getting banned

Andi

19. Nico Kunze

Ratings:
    +396 / 0 / -0
    Didnt watch the whole thing but if you think that or the previous video is what a rammer/troll looks like then youve probably never come across an actual one (neither have i on the ranked servers but i seem to have gotten rather lucky with that :D).
    Wouldnt recommend that. Might just be that the guy in your video did just that and simply had no experience on the track leading to bad driving
    I keep coming across these types of comparisons in all kinds of motorsports discussions.. Public streets and a racetrack are two different settings with very different rules. Comparing the two rarely makes sense
    An ffb update wont change how incident points are determined. If you want to help improve the ranked racing experience then either open a thread or send a pm to one of the devs or beta testers describing the problem and probably adding a video of you showcasing your *secret* technique

20. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    And yet you seem to think the kind of behaviour you display is adequate for a Nordschleife Marshal's Permit holder, a member and by virtue of that an inofficial representative of the DMSB and the Nürburgring GmbH. That's... kinda sad.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2021
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.