Resolved Unjustified drive-through in multiplayer

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Philippe M, Jun 11, 2021.

1. Philippe M

Philippe M New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Racing on a ranked server yesterday in the NSU TTS, I ran a bit wide in a corner on the first lap and got a slow down penalty. I did slow down at the start of the second lap, allowing the guy behind to pass me, but I still got a drive-through penalty a few seconds later, which I took at the end of the second lap. Obviously it ruined my race (and cost me 33 rating points). I checked the replay, and I can't see any justification for that drive-through (nor for the slow down penalty, as I only went off track once in the first lap).
    I wanted to attach the replay, but I'm told the file is too large for the server to process, even though it's 14MB and the form says the limit is 20MB.

PC specs: CPU: i7-8086K 4GHz (+Noctua cooler) | MOBO: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-I GAMING | RAM: 32GB DDR4 3200 MHz | PSU: Corsair SL750 | GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 XC Gaming 8GB GDDR6 (DX12) | MONITOR: 1 Acer Predator XB271HUABMIPRZ 2560x1440 165Hz G-Sync | OS: Windows10-64p
    Controllers: Thrustmaster T500RS Wheel | Fanatec CS Pedals v3 | Fanatec CS Shifter SQ v1.5 | Fanatec CS Handbrake v1.5 | Elgato Stream Deck (buttons box) | TrackIR4 + TrackIR 5.2 software

Last edited: Jun 11, 2021
  2. Lixma

Lixma Honorary QA

Ratings:
    +174 / 0 / -0
    Is it possible you didn't serve the slow-down penalty within the required time?

3. Philippe M

Philippe M New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I don't think so. I ran wide in lap 1, served the slow down penalty before turn 2 on lap 2 and did the drive-through at the end of lap 2.

4. Nico Kunze

Nico Kunze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +395 / 0 / -0
    Where exactly did you run wide on lap 1?
    If it was turn 1 for example you wouldve most definitely waited too long to serve the penalty as you only have 90 seconds (or maybe even 60?, someone confirm please) to do so and doing a full lap in the nsu will certainly take longer than that

5. Philippe M

Philippe M New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Good point! I ran wide at the exit of Hockenheimring National's turn 4 (where the National layout joins the GP one) and served the slow-down penalty 1:15 minute later.

But are you supposed to get that penalty after going off track only once anyway?

6. Arthur Spooner

Arthur Spooner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    Yes. For the offtrack you only got a slowdown. Not more, not less. The drive through was for not serving it within the set timeframe. In case this is really what happened, I'm still not 100% sure. I also don't know the timeframe from the back of my head.

7. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +352 / 0 / -0
    It's 60 seconds:
    slow-down-serve-time.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. Philippe M

Philippe M New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the info, Maskerader!

Watching the replay, I see other drivers having much worse offtracks than mine without getting a penalty, so I still think there was something fishy, there. But ok, no point beating a dead horse since there apparently no way to file a proper bug report.

Thank you for the replies, everybody!

9. PanVlk

PanVlk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    You need to keep an eye on the countdown. If you didn't see it, it might be because you are using OtterHUD, this information isn't available yet in I believe. You need to have at least "essentials only" version of default ingame overlays turned on.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Philippe M

Philippe M New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Ahhh, that's why I don't see that countdown anymore! Thank you, PanVlk!

11. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +352 / 0 / -0
    Does info like that go to replay?

12. Lixma

Lixma Honorary QA

Ratings:
    +174 / 0 / -0
    Also, if you're on the final lap DO NOT cross the line carrying an un-spent penalty; you'll get stung with 30 seconds added on to your finish time.

• Informative Informative x 1
  13. yoori

yoori Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +103 / 0 / -0
    You don't get the penalty for the off track. You get the penalty for gaining time of track. The game calculates the amount of time it wóuld take you (based on your best time or AI time if you haven't completed a valid lap) to cover the distance, if it took you less time by going of track. This is considered cut and a slow down penalty is applied to cover for the time difference

• Like Like x 1