Thank you , i enjoyed my time with ranking !

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Olive, Jun 7, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FormelLMS

FormelLMS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +229 / 0 / -0
    Went on an iRacing GT3 server to look how it is elsewhere.
    After one lap, ten people are gone. I saw in the rear view mirror some explosions and flying cars. Dunno what really happens, but I think, Raceroom Ranked servers are not that bad, or others aren’t better.
    I know this doesn’t help in this case, but bear in mind that it’s not about the Game or the devs. Its about people using it. If there’s such a douchbag, avoid him. Drove around. In most cases, those people don’t survive the first laps. Then it’s your time.
    If this is not enough: ranked server aren’t right for you. Try a league. There are no trolls out there. And if: they don’t Drive second time.

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. ⅀ℕiↅϻΔ

⅀ℕiↅϻΔ Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    Hi there

No the guys was racing like an idiot... i could ask one of my friends for full video.
    He rammed Joe Bandit of the track then Seppel and Pelle another friend then he gets the Black flag.
    In his profile you can see that he knows the track even when not "Why drive like this?....right to destroy others fun.

In Race Room you drive on a RACETRACK there is nothing to compare.
    Don´t know if you ever drove at the Nordschleife or any other track?
    If you the rules are open to everyone and everyone should read them and follow things like where to overtake.
    Example:After the NO Drifting on NOR the Marshals call right away the race director @ Fahrerlager report the Car and he will be removed. As the Marshals will visit him take a picture of his lizenceplate and bann XD
    Or the will even remove you from the track now for too loud exhaust
    I made a Race Marshal Lizence 1997 in Bielefeld Germany and know the rules of racing.

I was hoping that the FFB update will maybe include more then just FFB?
    I am a bit disapointed of the Devs i allready contact one after Athur Spooner told me for asking them to get back my old car livers.
    But the Dev just send me a pic i do not understand and said i do not buy contend.
    Sure thats why i drove the HB for GTO livers?Because i do not bought them okay.
    But hey nevermind Developer answere safed!:(
    It seems like no real interesst in long term customers sorry but thats my personal feel.
    As if i come across asking for something i never used or drove i was expecting an explaination.
    So why should I contact them again and tell them there glitches and bugs? Like rubberband gear bug i recognize sometimes when car gets airborne for example @ Schwedenkreuz and you shift in midair the next gear allready is at max RPM but you do not accelerate any more XD feels so weired:D

3. ⅀ℕiↅϻΔ

⅀ℕiↅϻΔ Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    Did i ever said THAT IM PROUD OF WHAT I DID ONE TIME ON A VIRTUAL RACETRACK? OMG
    Immer diese dummen und provokaten antworten zum glück kann man die leute ja einfach muten.

4. Arthur Spooner

Arthur Spooner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    Little advice: Calling staff dumb is one of the fastest ways to a ban.

Not that I would miss anything...

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Nico Kunze

Nico Kunze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +396 / 0 / -0
    So you (along with everybody else) no longer have to get mad about certain situations on ranked servers for example. If you prefer to be annoyed thats fine by me as well but perhaps in the future thats best kept to yourself then rather than taking it on here ;)

6. John Littleonion

John Littleonion Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Advice?
    I only see a threat ..poorly disquised as an advice.
    Threating other members with a ban is acceptable?

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. Arthur Spooner

Arthur Spooner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    What kind of logic is this supposed to be? I am neither staff nor do I have any word on what staff does or doesn't. I'm just a normal user. Obviously with a bit more experience in internet forums, but this is a different topic. So how am I supposed to be even capable to threaten someone with a ban? I only advised not to go further down this road. Bad advice if he actually wants to be banned, but I assumed this not to be the case.

Furthermore I don't get it why you start to attack me when all I did was giving him an advice on how not to be banned - given the fact that I do not even agree with his standpoint I thought this is actually a quite nice move from my side.

Holy **** - toxicity is really strong with some people. :rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    As far as I'm concerned I don't see a threat, just a statement of fact. We don't condone foul language, towards anyone.
    Just as a reminder: https://forum.sector3studios.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.60/
    I wasn't only talking about the fact that you openly admitted to having wrecked several users deliberately, but also your demeanor on this very forum. I simply would have expected better from a person who does such a responsible job which requires one to keep cool and in control of the situation (and therefor oneself), and not these kinds of enraged outbursts.

• Like Like x 4
  9. John Littleonion

John Littleonion Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Well I usually don't give advices unless I am asked. But that is me..
    The person in question explicitly said that he did it one time for test only...
    And repeted a few times that he does not do that in general.. or at all.
    Was there really a need for an advice?
    You obviously thought that it did.And that is fine
    It just seemed a bit more like a threat..
    Maybe the way you formed it?
    I don't know if you just a normal user of an admin ,dev , beta user.. and I dont care to be honest.
    Attack? How so?
    It was just an observation and two questions.
    It was not my intent to attack ..just curious.
    In my oppinion , the only one attacked here is Enigma.
    Presumably ,because he said that he shunted another driver on purpose. And that purpose being to check if he will get penalised. He did not, and explicitly said that it was an one time thing.
    Toxicity? Come on dude, really?
    Where is that experience you mentioned?:rolleyes:

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2021
  10. John Littleonion

John Littleonion Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Tnx for the link on forum rules.
    As you taged me , I hope that did not brake any of them?
    Further on , you did call him sad ,only becouse he did not meet your expectations.
    And in general your conduct towards him changed the moment he admitted one(1) one tap on a one guy.
    I did it recently too ,after a couple of overtake attempts (all of them ended in driver in front aggresively closed the doors, moved under braking and cut me off a few times...
    I was tolerant to a point ...on the next corner i was faster again took my line and he of course tried to block me again . This time i simply did not lift of or brake. He came across in a blocking attempt ,got cliped and spun off.
    No penalty(incident point) ,it was a gentle tap ,but it was enough.
    So , am I sad too?

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  11. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +355 / 0 / -0
    Come on...
    Then this:
    I don't know how many people they spun out. Could be one honest mistake of one guy. Or could be he and his friends spinning out everyone they can to see what triggers incident points and what doesn't.

12. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    No, it was meant as a general reminder for everyone really.
    No, I said that the behaviour he's displaying, especially with regard to his real life role, is kinda sad. Just like he didn't call me dumb, but my comment. He did however call other users idiots and assholes and my personal opinion is that I don't think that kind of language is worthy of a Nordschleife Marshal.
    How did I change? The comment you're quoting was my first one in this thread.
    If one manages to take out five cars, to me that doesn't really sound like a tap.
    Talking in general: Does or should it matter how often somebody wrecks someone on purpose?
    Intentional wrecking is not tolerated and if we get a complaint including clear evidence of that kind of conduct we will ban the user in question, regardless of whether he did it once or more often.

That being said, there is a difference between intentional wrecking, racing incidents and normal fighting for position.
    Slight taps are part of racing, which is also why you don't receive incident points for them.
    Racing incidents, i.e. unfortunate chains of events, can always happen and of course nobody is to blame for them.
    Intentional wrecking however is simply bad sportsmanship, or a complete lack of it, and we don't condone it.

I hope this has made my point of view a bit clearer. :)

• Like Like x 1
  13. John Littleonion

John Littleonion Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    I said he admitted.. as for other eventual shunts , we can only guess,right?
    Maybe just that one ,maybe a hundred..

The way i read and understood that post is that they figured out amongst themselves( no incident points part)
    By chrashing into each other... now this is my guess (would love to hear from @Enigma about that)
    You on the other hand guessed differently.
    I could be either way..

And yes , he hit that first guy in the back ..and then that guy (as a result of initial hit by enigma)
    Spins and takes with him 5 cars that were near..
    Colateral victims get f***** in both intentional hit and unintentional.
    I am not trying to be agressive or disrespectfull to anyone. But after reading the whole thread . I got the feeling that everyone is dissing him for admitting a single intentional shunt for the sake of "sience" so to speak.

14. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    Its not for admitting it , its for working out how to do it and then offering to show other ppl , so lets all calm the pissing contest down a few degrees

Thankyou
    Andi

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. John Littleonion

John Littleonion Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Yeah ,sorry maybe I expressed myself a bit wrong here.
    I meant , if he did not said that he did it on purposse your attitude towards him would be different.
    I do not think that his actions should be accepted or for that matter tolerated . But given the situation he described ,and in general the situation on ranked servers, I think it is at least understandable. This is only my oppinion.

In general , no. But given the current ranked system is faulty ( there is no such a thing as a shared blame ,because one side is always guilty and the other is not. ) unless it is a racing incident, but then no one gets penalised(incident points)
    Let ' say you are in front of me , you are a bit slower on some turns but not enough for me to pass. The guy behind me is on my tail ,and has hit me once or twice. I had a clean race so far and after those hits I have 8 inc.points
    Now ,should I try to avoid him hitting me all the time ,while trying to pass you and do it cleanly?
    Or I use another 4 points and hit you in the same maner he is hiting me, get you out of the way and move along?
    The question is why would I bother reporting to the mods to maybe ban a guy (If I have the evidence, and assuming that the mods deem it punishable) who really does not care about racing ,rating rep ...etc.
    What about my rating? Lost rep ..nerves etc.
    What are the benefits of driving cleanly?
    And I agree with you on the bad sportmanship , intentional wreckers should be baned. But sadly that is not the case here.

16. Andi Goodwin

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    Ppl get banned every day , there is no system that can attribute blame that works , we tried , iracing tried ,
    So by joining a race accept the rules and the fact that blame is shared
    If contact is excessive or intentional or someones being a wrecker , report them , add a video , and the full ingame video file , it will get looked at

Im tempted to close this thread , so lets keep it reasonable

Andi

17. John Littleonion

John Littleonion Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Sure no prob, but I thought this was a discussion ,not a pissing contest.
    Just out of curiosity ,did you ask him to show it to you? Or the devs?
    I mean it would be usefull , given that it is obviously a bug.

18. John Littleonion

John Littleonion Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Yes I am very well aware that penalty system is a major problem in sim racing in general.
    And the fact is I think that raceroom has good system(as good as it can be given the limitations)
    But I don't see myself reporting anyone, it is too much of a hassle. And it won't bring back my rating,rep ,or my nerves for that matter.
    It is easier to spot them early on and avoid them.
    But then again that feels more like a dogeball game than a race.
    Anyways ,did not mean to make a fuss..
    Have a great day.

Ivan

19. Andi Goodwin

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    Its not about making a fuss , think about it like your part of a community , the 5 minutes of suffering it takes to report someone will save lots of other ppl from there stupidity and arrogance , report the muppets , we will do the rest

Andi

• Like Like x 1
  20. ⅀ℕiↅϻΔ

⅀ℕiↅϻΔ Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    Hi Arthur
    I like you dude cos you seem to be nice and cool dude like a few other helpfull guys i meet here like Andi Goodwin (non toxic just helpfull the Diview help)
    So just because im in the mood for this kinda fun
    Please when did I say "Dumb" to a staff ;)
    Im out of this cos it going all off topic and its just another most hostile forum.
    The most people here want to get everything wrong and try to incite or provoke.
    Look a page back at Christina G´s comment?
    Just toxic she has no clue what a marshal is doing :D ot that we are not represent the NOR or any other racetrack
    We do not even get paid for your job sometimes.
    Example Kartracing or Slalom is mostly for fun and EXP... ADAC Reinoldus Cup,DMV 4-Stunden-Rennen we get 30 DM (yeah im that old :rolleyes:) for 10 hours and free runs on the NOR
    We get then booked for example from Dortmunder MC e.V
    https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sportwart sorry only german

So as i said before maybe befor start another useless argue and get mad about each other lets just race!?
    Im every day on my server 2 fast 4 you but only old cars

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.