Question about Drive button and Pit Menu

Discussion in 'Knowledge Base' started by stu3284, Jun 12, 2021.

1. stu3284

stu3284 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Whilst in the pits is there any way to scroll up and down the buttons (Drive, Resume, Car set up etc) without using the mouse? For example in ACC you can move up and down with the keyboard arrow keys and hit return to select.. Thanks in advance.

2. Nico Kunze

Nico Kunze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +395 / 0 / -0
    Dont know where to set it but im pretty sure i can navigate the menus with the dpad on my g29 (and another button to press enter) so it should generally be possible

3. stu3284

stu3284 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    @Nico Kunze Cheers for the reply. I don't have a d-pad on my wheel, might have to plug the controller back in. I can't even find anywhere to assign it.

4. Nico Kunze

Nico Kunze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +395 / 0 / -0
    Yeah then it might just be something thats automatically set if your hardware allows for a logical option and otherwise cant be used, but if i remember to ill have a look if i can find it anywhere next time i play

5. John Littleonion

John Littleonion Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Hi! You can assign it in the options menu. Go to the control settings, edit assignments, there is a section called Pit stops . Here you can assign the buttons to your keyboard.

6. FeltHλt

FeltHλt Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +478 / 0 / -0
    there's "left click" you can assign in key assigment, and about movement, my bet is on pit buttons

7. stu3284

stu3284 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I tried assigning return to left click but it won't assign. My pit buttons and encoder dosen't do anything. I'll keep trying lol

8. stu3284

stu3284 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Its for the Drive button etc not the in race pitstop ones

9. John Littleonion

John Littleonion Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Sorry , I missread.
    Not sure if it is possible to bind keys for in menu..

10. Arthur Spooner

Arthur Spooner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    I haven't done it myself, but from what I read, you need to assign a "left click" and a "back" button in the assignments (the last 2 from the gameplay section). And this should - in theory - enable a D-Pad for menu navigation. But AFAIK a "real" D-Pad is needed on your controller.