HUD OtterHud - A custom WebHud - With additional features

Discussion in 'Community Workshop' started by OtterNas3, May 7, 2019.

1. Nash Bobo

Nash Bobo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    Thanks OtterNas3
    "Nash"

2. Nash Bobo

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    Pix2.jpg

What do these numbers mean from left to right in the pix?

What do the colors mean?

Thanks
    "Nash"

3. OtterNas3

OtterNas3 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    [​IMG]

Colors of the Names depend on the Session your in

Practice/Qualy:
    WHITE: Driver on Outlap
    GREEN: Driver on a valid Lap
    RED: Driver on a invalid Lap

Race:
    WHITE: Driver on same Lap
    BLUE: Driver 1 Lap behind
    RED: Driver 1 Lap ahead

4. Nash Bobo

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    So we got ID numbers, Cool!
    Thank You for your time #302058 OtterNas3
    "Nash"

5. OtterNas3

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    OtterHud version 1.25 is now LIVE

GENERAL

• dash.exe got a Auto-Updater function now, the next time you Download, this feature will be included.
      It will check once on start for a new version.
    • Added - Italian Language
      Thanks to @SamuTnT
    • Added - Polish Language
      Thanks to @oran
    • Added - Track Data for Valerbanen & Brno
      This includes Relative timings, and Track Details (Track Name, Layout Name, Length, Corner Names)
    • Added - Show Ranking Site Button
      [​IMG]
      This will open your Ranking Statistics Site within the OtterHud
      This should help Drivers with only a Single Monitor, so they dont need to alt-Tab all the time.
    • Changed - Motec option "Speed in MPH" will now change the displayed Speed for the PitLimiter and Fuel & Lap Details Widgets also

Widgets

Race Info

• Fixed - Showing "This lap will not count" on Hillclimb
    • Added - Pit-Entrance distance
      Once you requested a Pit-Stop, and your Distance to Pit-Entrance is lower then 500m, it will show the Distance additional to the "Pit-Stop requested" message

Pit limiter
    • Changed - Pit limiter will now be shown 250m before the Pit-Entrance, if Pit-Stop is requested!
      This should help people to slow down to the allowed Speed in Pit-Lane before they enter the Pits
    • Added - Pit-Entrance Distance
      If a Pit-Stop is requested, the Pit limiter will now, additionally, show the distance to the Pit-Entrance
    • Added - Pit-Spot Distance
      Once you enter the Pit-Lane the distance to your assigned Pit-Spot will be shown
      [​IMG]
      (Gathering required data for this took almost 2 Days :rolleyes:)
    Relative
    • Fixed(ish) - Jumping order of Drivers
      Due to some recent changes to the API, specific to the way the LapDistance is reported to the API in Multiplayer, the Relative had some trouble with sorting the List for Drivers ahead/behind
      Underlying problem here is, in MultiPlayer the Track is now cut into some kind of LapDistance-Boxes
      So 2 Drivers could be in the same Box and will report back to the API the same LapDistance.
      This made the relative flip out, so Cars clearly ahead showed up behind in the relative and started jumping back and forth, same for Cars clearly behind.
      I implemented a Workaround, that will stop the jumping for the Car directly ahead/behind the Driver.
      But, it is kinda costly on Performance to implement that Workaround for the whole Field!
      Any Feedback on the behaviour with this fix would be highly appreciated!

--------------------------------------------------- CHANGELOG END ---------------------------------------------------

As always if you encounter any sort of problems, feel free to post here.
    Also for suggestions about new/missing stuff, keep posting.
    If i dont Answer here, be sure that i always read the posts, but sometimes just can't answer due to Real life and Work!

Hope you like the update, enjoy!

Moo,
    Otter

• Like Like x 3
    • Love it! Love it! x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. VFX Pro

VFX Pro Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +92 / 0 / -0
    I love your HUD, massive improvement over the built-in RRE. I sent you a donation.

• Love it! Love it! x 1
  7. graveltrap

graveltrap New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for making this HUD, easy to set up, simple to use and well presented!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Greenario

Greenario New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi
    Ive downloaded the HUD today. Ive made at just like youve written it in the first post. But when i go to the game. start dash first and the game second. I become the message my version is to old.
    What is my mistake and can you help me with it please? :D

9. OtterNas3

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    You run CrewChief too?

10. Greenario

Greenario New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    no its not running

11. OtterNas3

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    Allright

So if you just downloaded the dash.zip file it can't be a old version.

Did you downloaded the dash.zip once already a while ago and you use OneDrive?
    If so, it is possible if you extracted the dash.zip to a folder which you sync to OneDrive, that it gets overwritten by the old one.

Can you make a Screenshot of the window that opens when you start the dash.exe?

12. Andrew Dee

Andrew Dee New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    For a little while, there, Otterhud was showing in Replay mode. But not with the new (June) update. Will it again be available in replay, or is it permanently blocked?

13. OtterNas3

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    Will leave this question for the Dev's
    I was told they only found out on the morning of the new Patch, that it broke the ability to show a Hud on Replays due to the new Replay-Controls

Can tell that I was a bit disappointed aswell, tbh

Would have probably found the "bug" earlier, but i'm sadly not invovled into any testing stuff!

14. Andrew Dee

Andrew Dee New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hope they can fix it. But not the end of the world if they can't.

15. RampageRacing

RampageRacing Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +71 / 0 / -0
    I have not been on R3E for over 6 weeks but I came back today to test the new FFB. On start-up, I found that I needed to download a new version of OtterHud too. I must say that I really like the look of the new HUD. Well done!

• Love it! Love it! x 1
  16. Michael L

Michael L Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    What does this "Telemetry" button do in Otterhud's setting screen? Thanks.

17. Lanius1984

Lanius1984 Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    I've just started using this HUD, seems great so far.

One issue - the estimated laps / laps remaining doesn't seem to ever work for me. I have run a race with a few different time limits at different tracks. Each race I'm setting valid laps, but this never appears for me. I've only seen it when putting the widgets in demo mode just to see what it should look like.

The 'laps completed' is displaying fine right next to where this should be.

Is there anything I'm doing wrong?

18. OtterNas3

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    You can watch some specific Telemtry from the Car in a time based graph
    If yuo enable it in the settings you have the "Telemetry" box on the lower left of your screen
    click it, and a list of options you can "watch" will show up on the right side

Seems? PFFT! :D
    These are calculated in combination with the "Fuel & Lap details" Widget
    If that widget does nto have stored laps for the current combination it cant calculate them
    Do you by any chance have "Fuel & Lap details" not enabled?

19. Lanius1984

Lanius1984 Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    This will be it!
    EDIT - Now confirmed - I've turned on Fuel and Lap Info and just made it really small for now :cool:

Is there any way of being able to use the estimated laps feature without having this widget showing? I prefer less clutter (sorry!) on my screen and the useful fuel gauge next to the motec does all I really need.
    EDIT - There is lap time data already as part of the main widget across the top to be able to calculate estimates, rather than having dependencies between widgets maybe?

2 other things you might be able to clarify:

- That fuel gauges are in Litres by the looks, but in Raceroom setup it's in Gallons. Is there a way of matching them?

- The 'Best Lap' appears to be only the best lap for that session, it doesn't seem to display an historic best lap for that car/track combo. I hotlap quite a lot, and I like to see a live delta for my ultimate best lap. Any way of doing this? I'm thinking of how AMS2 does it, where you can change the delta between last lap, best session lap, and best all time lap.

I've been using Sidekick from Assetto Corsa through SimHub, which manages to show a delta to the ultimate best lap (so the data must be there...), but doesn't function so well in other areas.

EDIT - I really like the dashboard though, great job with it so far, so much better than standard.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2021
  20. Pullblox

Pullblox Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    Do you plan to add a static track map for your Hud? The track map in the game lacks advanced display settings. (track width, car markers thickness, change colors and etc.)