Zandvort banking.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Munty, Jun 20, 2021.

1. Munty

Munty New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Hi folks.

I'm just watching the Labmborg race at Zandvort, I can't help noticing the banking on most of the corners looks much more pronounced than we see in game. Is it just the screen flattening effect and fov, or has our track been flattened for timing or physics? It might just be me seeing it from a different perspective.

I also notice Sector 3 make no loud statements about laser scanned tracks or mm perfect topology, which makes me wonder where the track data comes from. Just out of interest does anyone know?

And while watching this race I find myself itching more and more for a Lambo to throw around. We have a glut of cars to choose from in the GT3 class but only a few of them are used, a few more competitive cars wouldn't hurt. So maybe not a Lambo! I also suggest a Citroen 2CV.

Plus, just want to add, entered my first online race yesterday, qualified 5th, only went and won it! I've been putting it off for months thinking I'd just be disappointed as I have been with just about every online sim since Forza 4, but I was so pleasantly surprised how good and smooth it was. No idiots, (well one), good driving and the networking side of things seems to be pretty concrete. I've started waffling, but just want to congratulate Sector 3 on having -in my opinion- the best overall car sim on the market at the moment. Please don't get left behind. All we need now is random weather, proper day/night progression, tire management, pit crew management, driver changes, a safety car, pit boards, permanent tire tire marks, all the cars and all the tracks and I'll be happy!!

Seriously, on the tracks, since I joined up a few months back, about a year now I think, a few tracks have been added, pretty much all little known circuits which suit the smaller class cars very well. This I agree with very much, I get the impression the smaller cars aren't raced enough, after a while of nothing but GT3 a smaller squirmy class is just so much fun. But, we could really do with a couple of longer circuits making it to the game. 3-4km tracks actually become quite tiring in GT3/ADC etc. We really do need Le Mans, I don't care what it's called, it's too iconic not to have. Maybe some of the historic variations of circuits too.

Anyway, that's my two penneth for this thread. Let me know what you folks think.

2. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    zandvoort has been updated in real life ; compared to our track

Andi

3. PanVlk

PanVlk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    The Zandvoort circuit has been substantially modified last year to allow hosting Formula 1. It included addition of the banking into bunch of corners, widening the track at couple of places, resurfacing and modifications of some runoff areas. The layout present in Raceroom still reflect the circuit before these recent modifications.

In regards to scanning, only Nordschleife is laserscanned, rest of the tracks isn't.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. TheOutdriver97

TheOutdriver97 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    Corrected.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. Arwin Smits

Arwin Smits New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I've been curious about this for a while: Are there plans to update Zandvoort to 2020+ spec?
    Could be a good match with the Formula Raceroom X-22 that will release sometime in the future!

6. BTCCmad

BTCCmad Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    I'd be fine with a "new" version, as long as its not at the expense of the "old" version. Its one of my favourites.

• Agree Agree x 2