Any love for the GTR1 class?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ElSnowman, Jun 22, 2021.

Tags:
  1. ElSnowman

ElSnowman New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    The car that propelled me to buy the content in this game was the saleen s7r and I've found that all of the GTR1 cars just feel alive. I know they're on an older tyre model but I just love the way they feel. With my crappy wheel I can still understand everything the car is doing and the progression of grip loss at the limit feels great. Probably my favorite cars in the game. Anyone else share this sentiment?

2. VFX Pro

VFX Pro Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +92 / 0 / -0
    They are great cars, but the 3D models (and the tyre model) appears to be aging. Those cars sound fantastic... Too bad, RRE doesn't give them any love anymore.

• Agree Agree x 3
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2021
  3. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,056 / 0 / -0
    I am still hoping they will review them. They are amazing. Look mean and sound mean. With a little bit of love we would be in racing nirvana :)

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. Turtle Power

Turtle Power Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    Yeah its true. I love them too and hope that the new FFB update will give them new life. Currently its a bit lifeless and it doesn't feel anywere near as good as the newest content.

5. jt33396

jt33396 Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    GT1 is pretty much subbing for Le Mans Hypercars for me in my offline championships. The Ruf is a PITA to drive but I love it’s looks

6. Badgerous

Badgerous Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +223 / 0 / -0
    The Saleen (at Portimao) was the one that initially hooked me as well.

The Ford GT1 is still one of my favourite 'let off some steam' cars, and find the interior with that gorgeous sequential shifter to look great in VR. I've not done it in a while, but used to quite like using them in a one-series event at Rd America.

I'd love to see more from that era and class.

7. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    All classes are on the table to be updated to latest standards as far as I know so they will get polished at some point I'm sure, when I couldn't say, priorities and all that.

Probably unlikely to have any further cars added to the class at this point though.

8. [Nick]Name

[Nick]Name New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    My first contact with a GT1 was in the GTR2 demo. The Lamborghini Murciélago at Barcelona. I love this car!
    I would appreciate it if more attention was paid to this class. Some more cars frome the 2000s would be a nice thing.
    It would be awesome but I know this won't happen. Should a developer read that a GT1 DLC would be a blind buy for me ;)

BR
    Nick

• Like Like x 1
  9. sldk1305

sldk1305 New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I would like to see Aston Martin DBR9 in game.