FFB Update Discussion Thread (June 2021)

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Thomas Jansen, Jun 23, 2021.

1. Wilko Jones

Wilko Jones Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +80 / 0 / -0
    I thought the effect would make the wheel feel more snappy, but my CSR is really feeling as if it's best days are behind it. In certain cars, the FFB is amazing. The three that wowed me are, the 2020 Audi DTM, the 2020 WTCR Civic (one of my least favorite WTCRs), and the last car that felt great in my initial test was the 2019 Porsche GTR3. The Audi DTM just told me exactly what the front wheels were doing, and it was more than apparent when the tires were at their grip limits. It felt like I could just throw the car into a turn, and there was plenty warning if I was about to lose control. The FFB is much, much better. Great Job Sector3!

• Wonderful Wonderful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. SuperMonacoGP

SuperMonacoGP Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    @Alex Hodgkinson quick question, what direct input effects are you using in true drive? and at which %? thanks

3. Andreaf

Andreaf Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Same for me.

4. Jeff Heath

Jeff Heath New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Pre update I've been playing a lot of Leaderboard Challenge at Portimao GP Circuit in the Judd V8 so I know the car and track pretty well.

I've tried today and, as someone else posted earlier there now doesn't seem to be any FFB when you hit the kerbs. For instance coming off the last corner going into the main straight over on the left of the track when you go up on the kerbing there is no ffb. There is the noise of going over the kerbs but nothing through the wheel?

Just spoken to another friend and he's finding exactly the same.

I've read the notes about the removal of the kerb setting and why that was done but is there now a setting to tweek to get some feeling from the kerbs? From my own track car I know there should be an awful lot more coming through the wheel than there is now.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Lixma

Lixma Honorary QA

Ratings:
    +174 / 0 / -0
    I've had this - and it's not a new phenomenon. For a quick cure just unplug and re-plug the wheel in the USB port; usually fixes it.

It tends to happen at specific points on a track, too. The 'drop-outs' are only a fraction of a second, but it's enough to ruin a lap-time or deactivate the DRS.

Next time it happens I'll try and grab a video. Just to re-iterate for the devs (assuming Mikey and I are talking about the same thing) - It's infrequent, happens at similar points on-track, has been occuring long before today's update, and is 99% curable (in my experience) just by un/plugging the wheel into the USB.

6. tlsmikey

tlsmikey Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    Yep, sounds like the same thing. I unplugged, rebooted and entered my triple screen values at launch. All gone for now. Thanks.

7. luciano merlino

luciano merlino Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    I do not have any ffb with simagic m10 base, the ffb graphic does not even move and yet it is activated

8. Gazza

Gazza Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    Yes me too with Simagig M10:(

9. Hervé45

Hervé45 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +135 / 0 / -0
    On my sc1 software
    Damping at 20% for stationary friction (50% in game)
    Sine wave at 100% for vibration motor (10% in game)

10. Peter Koch

Peter Koch Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +191 / 0 / -0
    Can you check if Gamepad rumble is enabled?

11. graveltrap

graveltrap New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Cannot believe how good the new FFB is out of the box with my ole T300, excellent job!

• Love it! Love it! x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  12. SuperMonacoGP

SuperMonacoGP Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    with new ffb the only active effects seems to be damping, triangle and sawthooth

13. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    Thx for confirmation, it suddenly occured after one of the previous updates (haven't tested with todays update), but lasted for five to ten seconds in average. Tho after putting up a new profile from scratch, directly assigning all inputs without using a preset it seemed to work fine so far...

14. olli green

olli green Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    I don't like the new ffb... I love it :D:hearteyes:
    Tested with t300rs audi r8 gt3 evo on nordschleife and porsche cayman gt4 on oschersleben.

Great job guys!

• Like Like x 2
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  15. FormelLMS

FormelLMS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +229 / 0 / -0
    At first: thanks for the update. New FFB, new menu, sounds good.
    I’m using a DD1 with settings from Alex Hodgkinson, let the settings there as they are.

The Base is on 100 percent strength, give the game 40 percent with the DTM 2020 BMW and get around 12 Nm at Eau Rouge. So as my likings before with the strength.

My feelings: turns are now harder than before with those settings. The strength is higher. I don’t know if this is better or not, only a finding. As next: I can feel the front very well. This is a thing, I like a lot.

But one thing I don’t like: FFB of the Single Cars doesn’t seem to match anymore. As I’ve said, that I tuned my FFB to 12 Nm „down“ to 40 percent ingame for the DTM car, it is like a dead fish on the GT3 Corvette. Imhave to dial the FFB multiplier up to have a weight and a signal on my wheel.
    If I remember correct, the last FFB was dialed with the multiplier, so it was same on all cars. So I have to dial up and down in all cars.
    Is that a problem on my side, or is that as expected?

16. FormelLMS

FormelLMS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +229 / 0 / -0
    Ah, and, is this wrong?
    Shouldn’t this be the other way round?

• FFB Maximum Force:
      • Wheel torque <10Nm: 100%
      • Wheel torque >10Nm: <100%

17. Thomas Jansen

Thomas Jansen KW Studios Developer Beta tester

Ratings:
    +563 / 0 / -0
    it's just recommending that you might want to lower the maximum force setting if you have a wheel capable of >10Nm, to save your wrists :D

• Funny Funny x 2
  18. Thomas Jansen

Thomas Jansen KW Studios Developer Beta tester

Ratings:
    +563 / 0 / -0
    The 'FFB Strength' setting scales the FFB for all cars at the same time, then the FFB Multiplier in the car setup menu or with keybinds is saved for each car individually.

19. Lixma

Lixma Honorary QA

Ratings:
    +174 / 0 / -0
    The multiplier is car specific - e.g. I have 1.2x for DTM 2020, 1.7x WTCR

20. luciano merlino

luciano merlino Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0

Attached Files: