Wheel not syncing with game

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Badgerous, Jun 24, 2021.

1. Badgerous

Badgerous Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +223 / 0 / -0
    Long story short I had a few speed bumps getting the new FFB to behave, and somewhere in the process I lost the 1:1 syncing of my wheel rotation vs in-game. (In game is approximately 50% of the actual rotation of my wheel)

I've started over with a fresh install of the game, updated the truedrive software, and updated the wheel's firmware (SC2: Sport). I nuked any existing wheel profiles in Truedrive, and started from scratch. - Same issue though.

I've run out of things to try now.. This isn't an issue I've had here or elsewhere before, so I feel a bit lost.

Any ideas?

2. SuperMonacoGP

SuperMonacoGP Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    you have 900° in TD? otherwise it won't sync

3. Badgerous

Ratings:
    +223 / 0 / -0
    Yep, not touched it from the default profile.

In RRE on the controls page, the little steering meter at the top honors the 900° for what it's worth, so it maxes out left/right at 450° each way.

4. Olaf Hülse

Olaf Hülse Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +505 / 0 / -0
    I guess you've already cleared the user data in 'My Documents'?
    Greetings

5. Badgerous

Ratings:
    +223 / 0 / -0
    Certainly the controller profiles, yeah. I think I just nuked the whole folder when I did a full reinstall as well.

6. TDIdriving

TDIdriving Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    You have to choose by the ingame Wheel settings : like the setup. Then your wheel matches right. Eg in TrueDrive 900 and then "like your setup" and everything works perfect. You can see if it works with the inputmeter (you have to bind a key to it)

7. ajopp1

ajopp1 Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Sorry to hijack the thread, but where can you actually change wheel rotation setting in-game? I saw it somewhere in the settings and it was set to 180, I left it so and then realized I need to set it to 900 to match the rotation of my wheel, but I can't seem to find this setting in the menus anymore :(

Edit: Nvm, found it under Video. The new handy search tool helped me :)

Last edited: Jun 25, 2021
  8. Badgerous

Ratings:
    +223 / 0 / -0
    It's hidden away.. :)

I was gonna say this morning that I'd fixed it, and it was the settings on page X, but I'd already forgetten where they were.

I think my issue is that I'd unintentionally deleteted the file that saved that setting while trying to get the new FFB to behave, and had then forgotten it was even there.