FFB Update Discussion Thread (June 2021)

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Thomas Jansen, Jun 23, 2021.

1. Morimaru

Morimaru New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Same problem with the G29, developers are alerted and studying it.

2. Barbie

Barbie Active Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    Can someone from dev team or beta testing tell me what Strength to use in Thrusmaster panel for a T300RS ? Default is 75% but the FFB is very light. After an hour of testing with AMG GT3 the ffb seems really good but lacking overall "power".

3. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    I have run at 75, now at 80 and plenty of power. I have the in game settings set to 100 strength, 85 linearity, 2 minimum force, 100 max. Bump amp at 40 and gear effect at 40.

By using the car multiplier i find all cars are strong enough and I'm getting what I need to feel through it.

You can increase the strength on the TM panel even more if you want but be aware that these wheels are prone to overheating at which point the ffb will be reduced until it cools down again.

• Like Like x 1
  4. rad

rad Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +458 / 0 / -0
    My experience with T300 tells me to better leave it at 75% there. With higher numbers (all right, I only tried 100%), the base starts to overheat after some time and FFB strength starts to fade anyway.

Probably running it at 100% is also a reason for it's questionable reputation of being unreliable, unless it's fixed with later revisions.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Barbie

Barbie Active Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    Yeah I never went beyond 75% for the same reasons as you guys, but it feels so weak that I was starting to question it. I'm going to play with FFB multiplier then, but every car I tried so far would need quite a boost.

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. rad

rad Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +458 / 0 / -0
    Check out FR X90 or FR2, or any high downforce car. For the two mentioned above, I went 2 clicks more on multiplier and kept FFB settings on default.

Surprising lightness I noticed in Merc GT3 Evo though

7. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Don't be afraid of raising those, it's what they are for, use the ffb meter to maximize your output for each car.

8. Barbie

Barbie Active Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    I just tried BMW M235i on Brands Hatch, and raising from 1x to 2x gave good results, slight clipping on big curbs but weight in the wheel is finally here. Thanks for the advice.

9. rad

rad Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +458 / 0 / -0
    Slight clipping on bumps is exactly what you should be aiming for :)

10. Barbie

Barbie Active Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    I practically never touched Multipliers before this update, now I understand why Mapping FFB+/FFB- is essential.
    Porsche 962C felt good right out of the box.

11. Gazza

Gazza Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    Loving the new ffb, I could never get the old system to feel good after the previous change, this literally took me 5 mins (after sorting the initial no ffb at all!) using a Simagic m10 base, really enjoying it, miss the feel of the rumble strips tho but overall superb:)

• Winner Winner x 2
  12. goldtop

goldtop Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +50 / 0 / -0
    I was one of those that ditched Raceroom in frustration following the December '19 patch. Reinstalled it a few times since then after endless searches revealed another hope of a solution to my ffb woes, all to no avail.

Wasn't holding out much hope for this update as I'd come to believe that the core physics was just garbage and no amount of tweaking ffb would put that right. Glad to admit I was wrong!

The standard ffb profile you created for my lowly G25 is spot on :cool:

Now, when does the summer sale start so I can catch up with all the content I've missed for the last 18 months?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Mos

Mos New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    I bought the game in November 2019, in December they changed the FFb and I stopped playing because of how bad it was and the problems I had. At that time I had a T500 RS and the problems with the steering wheel were horrible, I complained and demanded that they fix it but nothing was done, there are several posts complaining about it.
    A few months later I bought the Fanatec CSW 2.5, I started playing again but with very weak feelings and I left it.
    Now, I was hoping this update would be a hopeful start but for me it's worse than before. I honestly don't know what they are doing and who benefits, but I'm going to stop playing again because I don't understand anything.

14. Gordie

Gordie Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    If you could be a bit more specific perhaps someone could help.

Settings I use on the CSW 2.5.
    upload_2021-6-25_22-52-49.png

In-game I only added 30% Bump Effects, the rest is default. Just be careful not to increase each car's FFB multiplier too much, keep it a bit below the clip line under full load. For example I tend to keep GT3s ~1.5x.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. tEWONE

tEWONE New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    anyone using the old Momo Racing Force wheel ? (the one with the red buttons)
    the FFB was as great as can be on this wheel before the update.. now it feels like sh*t.. big bumps are non existent, small bumps can be felt when i crank up the bump setting to 90-100% but the the wheel is acting all funy in straights and clipping alot over kerbs.. I raise the ffb multiplier to 3.5-4 to barely feel anything but there's too much clipping..
    also the vibration (over kerbs and slipping) was quite helpful since this wheel is limited.. there is no vibration at all anymore.
    sector3 please consider looking into this i love raceroom and cannot buy a better wheel for the time being

• Like Like x 1
  16. jop@

jop@ New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Loving the new FFB, loving the fact all those sliders are gone for good too ;)
    Something I noticed so far is the significant increase in "weight" of the wheel if you lessen the steering input radius (increase sensitivity) if, for example from default 560° to, say 420°. I think it's really what should happen in real life I guess, less travel of the wheel, more strength you need to turn it. Before you could turn it down to open-wheeler spec, about 270° for, ex. and no big difference in weight/strength which was a little odd ehehe.
    Anyways, thank you so much for your work Sector3, wonderful sim it was just got so much better.
    Cheers guys

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Rui Paiva

Rui Paiva Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Same here with the G27 ...Before i loved the FFB, could feel the Kerbs, grass, off road....now i dont feel anything...if i leave the track and go to grass nothing happens in the wheel....many years buying almost all the cars and tracks and now i dont have a game...

18. Arj

Arj New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Im using a Logitech G923 and G27 I feel the same way as you Rui Paiva before the update I loved the FFB and dont at the moment because lots of FFB options dont exist anymore.. The Understeer FFB option used in conjunction with slip effects options made losing grip very immersive when Percentages are correct for each Car you have to play around with it and eventually you turn into a corner and when you lose grip the wheel Vibrates and gets Light same sorta effect GTR2 has and AC. I have Highlighted these options in the photo I provided so you understand what im talking about. I would like to see these options come back to Raceroom.. but I can understand what Raceroom is trying to achieve... making the FFB more user friendly for all wheel types becoz ive met people in the past who could not get the FFB working properly and had to many unwanted Canned FFB effects. Give me back my understeer and slip effects please :)

Attached Files:

• ffb.jpg
      ffb.jpg
      File size:
      263.5 KB
      Views:
  19. David Peres

David Peres Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +96 / 0 / -0
    T300 owner here... this FFB update has ressurected Raceroom back from the dark forgotten corners of my Steam library :D

I had pretty much given up on this sim a few months ago, in favor of ACC and AMS2 (after the 1.2 update), but now this feels much more intuitive and communicative and made my driving become more natural. It might lack the "high-def" detail of rFactor 2 or AMS1 where I can feel when I drive over an ant crossing the track, but I'm not too fussed about that. I care more about informative FFB that tells me what's happening with the tires and helps me react do the car behaviour by feel alone, without even thinking, and the new FFB is a a big win for me on that regard.

This is better than ACC for me now. It feels much more natural and a bit similar to AMS2 (and rFactor 2 minus the excess of track noise), which for me is a very good thing :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Danny Michael

Danny Michael Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    I think you've nailed it for the CSW 2.5. I've been struggling to get the belt-driven/gyro feeling out of it with no luck. I tried your exact settings and it was great, no more of that belt-driven feeling through the corners. I did increase the FEI to 70 to boost the effects a bit (GT3 Vette at .8) as I found out this morning my bruised ribs are actually broken and I need to turn the torque down for the next month. This is where I had so much trouble. Turning down the torque was causing the terrible feeling and I was losing so much detail. When I tried bringing it back with linearity it got worse. The torque is great if you can handle it, but I would bet a lot of people don't run their FFB that high. Gives me a backache. I'm not a kid anymore (hence broken ribs).

I'd suggest to anyone with a CSW 2.5 that your settings are spot on for most people, if not a great starting point.

Thank you

• Like Like x 2