Problem VR Stutter since recent update

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by ApexHog, Jun 28, 2021.

1. ApexHog

ApexHog New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I have been using my HP Reverb G2 for several months with no real issues until yesterday when I noticed that I was getting a stutter that affected FFB, input and visuals. It is really noticeable when the FFB is high you can feel the force drop momentarily and the graphics jump. It seems to happen every 2-3 seconds. I tested without VR and it is fine - no stutter. I have set all the graphics settings to low but the stutter persists. I have tested with other sims and no issues there either. I am not aware of any other changes to the PC that might affect this - could it be something in a recent update?

2. diego chaparro leon

diego chaparro leon New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I have exactly the same problem . It has started after the second hotfix of the last update. It does not happen going alone training. Only in multiplayer races.
    I have a 3600x and a RTX2070 with OCULUS RIFT S.

Hopefully it will be fixed soon...

3. rad

rad Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +458 / 0 / -0
    It's reported to the devs and noted. It's something about webmenu and WebHUD from what I've found out. As a temporary solution, disabling Otterhud helps with stutter while driving, but they still remain in menus. By disabling I mean to remove it from starting parameters, not just hiding

4. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    What is Otterhud?

5. ApexHog

ApexHog New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks @rad - disabling webhud solved the stuttering and gave me a nice FPS boost too. I hope they can get it back without the performance hit too. I do miss the info Otterhud gives me.

@Cote Dazur Otterhud is an alternative HUD that gives you some nice extra features (google it as I can't post links here)

6. SaschaG

SaschaG Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    I have the same problems with the WebHUD and even a little worse, because these little interruptions lead to a sudden clutch activation in corners. When this happens, my throttle/brake/wheel input is still working, but on throttle the cars revs up without accelaration - like a full activated clutch or lost drive shaft.

Deactivating WebHUD (OtterHUD) solved this issue, but like ApexHog wrote, now I miss some information. Please fix it.