1st race of the evening punted straight away

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by John Smith Racing, Jul 2, 2021.

1. John Smith Racing

John Smith Racing New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I know this is pointless nothing gets down however deliberate punt last lap 3 corners to go, par for he course nowadays! And dont say get out of rookie servers as you cant with drivers like this!

https://streamable.com/6twce8

low quality to keep it under 20mb but it still wouldnt upload here

2. Danny Michael

Danny Michael Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    A punt yes, but not intentional

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. John Smith Racing

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    still worthy of a ban though and I do think it was intentional dont say brake lights people are not stupid! He had the arse he got done on the last lap after I followed him for 8 laps never touching him once even though he turned in on me at every overtake attempt poor poor driving and im afraid par for the course in raceroom lately!

• Disagree Disagree x 3
  4. PanVlk

PanVlk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    Which car are you, I guess you're yellow and think the green brake checked you? To me it seems like the green car just wasn't sure where to brake if not on the outside line, started braking too soon and the yellow car didn't expect the green car to brake way before 100m marker. Racing incident for sure, definitely not worthy of any bans.

And I will still say get out of rookies. It's really not that difficult, and if it is for you, it's probably not because of other drivers.

5. John Smith Racing

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Ok I hope your all as forgiving when your punted send them flowers and say sorry for being in their way maybe! Just had another race 36/40 incidents by half way around lap 2 and its easy to get out of rookies! I'll give it another couple of races if its the same i'll delete and ask for a refund not fit for purpose!

6. PanVlk

PanVlk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    If your usual races are 36/40 incidents on lap 2, you should really consider whether there isn't something wrong on your side.

7. PanVlk

PanVlk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    Oh, wait, I just looked at the names on the replay, so I guess you're the green car and you're surprised you got punted from behind? You're braking a lot sooned than anyone would expect there, I guess you were unsure about the braking on suboptimal line, but stomping on the brake 20+ metres before the usual brake point while being closely followed does have these sorts of consequences.

Additionally, I had a look at your profile. If you're the same Dean Swain who's done 217 ranked races and somehow still has reputation of 62, I can most definitely say the problem isn't with other drivers.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. John Smith Racing

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    ok in another race im in p5 so lets see what happens. Im done uninstalled shame I cant get back all the money ive put in or sell it!

Last edited: Jul 3, 2021
  9. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +356 / 0 / -0
    Yup, looks way too early. Braking lights are on at 150m board. I don't know about Audi, but in a BMW I brake at something like 120m.

10. John Smith Racing

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    this is my point it shouldnt matter where I brake for gods sake your meant to be racers, so if I brake early you still brake at your brake point, rubbish thats why online is so dire, I was braking to allow the idiot to go around the outside as he nearly wiped me out twice in the race already or should I have just "braked at the correct point" and we both crash. And if you cant adjust your driving for someone who may brake earlier or is slower then your not who I want to race against, I dont mind coming last aslong as its clean unfortunately clean and raceroom dont go together! Bye all good clean racing! :tearsofjoy:

11. Danny Michael

Danny Michael Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    I'd love to see the entire race replay if you're able to post it anywhere, to see what led up to this. Obviously, this wasn't the entire source of your angst. We've all been there. Good luck to you in your future races.

12. Nico Kunze

Nico Kunze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +396 / 0 / -0
    So first you push the other car out of the way and then you brake way earlier than anyone would expect leading to the other guy rear ending you and yet youre complaining about it?
    Generally i completely agree on having to adjust youre driving to whats happening around you/the people youre racing against. But if you have closely followed him for 8 laps itd seem pretty normal to assume you two are at a similar pace (if anything you being quicker than him) and thus assuming that overall youre braking points more or less match. If you then suddenly change your braking point by a huge amount while being closely followed youre going to get hit 99% of the time. If you wanted to let him by it wouldve made more sense to first check your mirrors, then after seeing hes right behind you move back onto the normal racing line and then brake earlier to let him go up the inside.
    Either way certainly not an intentional punt or something to be banned for

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Bulld0gUK

Bulld0gUK Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    You didn't really give him much time to react to your early and heavy braking. No need to ban anyone from that incident, if he/she was a persistent offender then maybe.
    Try iRacing.....then we will see you soon back on RR3

14. Maskerader

Ratings:
    +356 / 0 / -0
    I think he was trying to let Lotus pass by, and it makes the situation more complicated.

15. David Peres

David Peres Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +96 / 0 / -0
    It looks like a race incident to me where both drivers where a bit unsure of what to do and the end result turned out to be the worst possible. And you did hit the brakes way sooner than I would expect for that car, on that corner, but maybe the other driver could also have anticipated that to happen and could have given you some more room.

Annoying for sure, but not something that the other guy should be banned for. It was an accident.

16. Nico Kunze

Ratings:
    +396 / 0 / -0
    Ah yeah kinda forgot about that one :D
    But tbh i dont quite get why one would spend 8 laps trying to get past somebody and finally do so with a rather aggressive maneuver only to then decide youd rather not be in front of the other driver

17. Maskerader

Ratings:
    +356 / 0 / -0
    Apparently he had some troubles with that guy: "as he nearly wiped me out twice in the race already".

18. Nico Kunze

Ratings:
    +396 / 0 / -0
    Yeah but then why even overtake if you dont wanna drive in front of him?

19. Maskerader

Ratings:
    +356 / 0 / -0
    That I don't know, but seeing how fast that Lotus caught up with the guys, I assume he's noticably faster but there was some incident that held him back.

20. Nico Kunze

Ratings:
    +396 / 0 / -0
    Not sure if youre referring to the lotus or to op with this :D i certainly was only talking about op