How to retire from race without losing reputation?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Tim Grainger, Jun 17, 2021.

1. Tim Grainger

Tim Grainger New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Is there a way to retire from a race without losing lots of reputation?

I was racing TT’s in a ranked race at Raceroom Raceway today. A few laps in I hit a curb and rolled the car causing massive suspension damage (no other cars were involved). I called for a pit stop and tried to limp back but the car was undriveable and I was swerving across the track and hitting the barriers even at very low speed. My race was cooked and I was in danger of causing other drivers problems so I parked up at the side of the track and left the pc on while I did other things.

When I checked back later I’d lost about 15 rating points (fair play for my terrible driving ) but also 6 reputation points which seemed harsh given it wasn’t a “rage quit”.

Is there a way to gracefully retire after an accident or any other suggestions as to how to minimise loss of reputation if it happens again?

Thanks

2. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +355 / 0 / -0
    Your reputation after a race depends on:
    - number of incident points you got (less is better);
    - number of corners you passed (more is better);
    - your reputation before a race (the higher it is, the harder it is to gain rep).

Could it be that the number of incident points you got was simply big enough to not be outweighed by the number of corners you passed because you drove less laps?

3. yoori

yoori Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +103 / 0 / -0
    Well, your reputation reflects your ability to drive safely and your sportsmanship. Look at real life Nikita Mazepin has a low reputation and he only does what you did.

The best way to leave without loosing lots of rep is to just leave if there is no other option and with as low incident count as possible. You can always get it back and if you can't you need to practice more.

If you've parked the car on the side of the track and left it there, then this is considered unsafe, you get 1 incident point every few seconds while being stationary on track. This would have a big impact on your rep.

4. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    Drive back to pits or escape back to pits , go make a coffee, sandwich , wait until race is finished and results are up

Andi

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Arthur Spooner

Arthur Spooner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    You sure? I haven't tried, but wouldn't this give you a DNF?

6. John Littleonion

John Littleonion Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    I am interested in this too. So by going to the pits and remaining there till the end of the session, will save some of the eventual rep loss?
    And what about rating?
    In a hypotetical situation where I qualified 5th,
    Get terminal damage on the first lap and go to the pit's.

7. le_poilu

le_poilu Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    Rating will take a hit whatever.. Rating only depends of your race result. Being last or DNF in the pit is the same :)

Only Rep will benefit for not quitting the race and staying in the pit. It would be not considered as a race/rage quit, so Rep will only be impacted by what happens on the track that made you end your race.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. John Littleonion

John Littleonion Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Good to know , I did "rage" quit once . The car was dead, and got a hefty minus on rat/rep.
    I get the rating part, and am ok with it. But would like to avoid unnecessary rep hit in the future.

• Love it! Love it! x 1
  9. ⅀ℕiↅϻΔ

⅀ℕiↅϻΔ Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    Hi Andi I did not know that:oops:
    Is there any warning like
    NEVER LEAVE A RACE OR YOU WILL LOSE -15Rep POINTS (-15 is way to much)
    Just 2 races ago I had a Rep of 80 and i lost 30 Rep points for 2 races and it was NOT my fault at all.
    1. Race I got wrecked by somone else but he did not lose that much Rep points for cutting corners and hitting others :confused: even as he gets the BLACK FLAG :mad:.
    2nd Race i got a freeze after Qualify and i did not go on starting grid I had to hit Reset :(
    My only mistake was that i did not know that you have to stay even when your car is wrecked.
    I was racing with 4 friends and nobody of them knows that sadly.

This was the only explain i found
    The reputation score reflects the behavior of each player on track. What hurts the reputation of a player is not only the frequency of incidents, but also temper comes into play with things such as a tendency to rage quit. The reputation will slowly rise (or drop) as more races are recorded until reaching a stable and accurate value.

10. menjacocs

menjacocs Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Yesterday someone quick softly in Suzuka and i go ahead to the wall (first lap). Mechanical damage and engine down. I was not able to restart engine.... and I quit from the session.

As a result: reputation down from 89.618 to 71.894.

WOW!

What sould i do? ... I've to rest on trak since race is finished? engine was broken.

Thanks.

11. Fleskebacon

Fleskebacon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +258 / 0 / -0
    If you drive or escape back to the pits and stay there and Did Not Finish the race, that's exactly that - DNF. That's the core of the problem here, your car is toast and you're not able to finish the race. But leaving it stationary in the pits for the rest of the race duration is safer than leaving it trackside.

12. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    If you leave it trackside you get a DQ for accumulating incident points so it is worse. I believe that what you should avoid doing is pressing escape or exiting from within the race before it has finished at all costs as those have the biggest rep penalties.
    I think but am not sure that getting pemanent engine damage is slightly cheaper as it is not a rage quit so that could be an alternative.

13. ⅀ℕiↅϻΔ

⅀ℕiↅϻΔ Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    Hi there,
    Some one killed the engine of my Porsche Classic in a RANKED RACE on purpose Rambo driver (still got a video of that)
    My engine was black and Crew Chief said "fking sake you killed the engine" was not able to drive anymore.
    So as im standing in a curve exit and do not want to destroy anybodys car or race i hit Escape and left the game.
    For that i get a great reward MINUS 15 REP ...WOOOOW what a bullshit is Ranked Racing i just thought.
    In a real race the guy who rammed me and many others would see the black flag in the first round cos of to retarded,inconsiderate,dangerous driving.
    But here in R3E you can drive like insane hit everybody at the right spot push them off the track and get Reputation for that???
    WOOOW :D

14. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    I got punted into a wall the other day, engine died and I just waited and allowed the game decide what to do. It DNFd me but I stayed in the UI till the race finished and the rep hit was a surprisingly moderate -0.6 f (21 incident points) compared to -56 rating.

15. yoori

yoori Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +103 / 0 / -0
    It may depend on when in the race it happens.
    it may also be possible that the disconnetion is only 3 incident points.

As the rep change is calculated based on incident points versus corners driven. the laterin the race you're out the less it will hit your rep.
    If there is no fixed additional rep hit for disconnecting than it doesn't make much difference if you finish with 7 points for collision, offtrack and hitting track object. or ending with 10, additional 3 for disconnetion.

Theh would mean that disconnection on the firts lap would get you more rep hit than disconnection on the last lap.

And that might be the case as some time ago I was DQ'ed for point and left the server. I lost 1.7 points.

My best advice is be very carefull on the first laps. Even if you have to give up the position there's a big chance you'll get it back easily while other drivers visit off-track

• Like Like x 2
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2021