RaceRoom Packs in Steam

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by vicnet11, Jul 12, 2021.

1. vicnet11

vicnet11 New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Why RR not include the last tracks and cars pack in steam?. Or at least tracks or cars not recently release.
    For anyone who tells me that it is cheaper to buy VRP, I want to tell you that this is not the case in many countries like mine as the prices on Stem are in local currency, not those on the RR site.

2. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +352 / 0 / -0
    I wonder too. They stopped adding new DLCs in Steam quite a long ago. Last time it was in April 2016, so 5 years ago.

3. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    Maybe they don´t want people exploiting Steam regional pricing. The only other reason I can think of is the Steam refund policy but then why even fill the slots in that case as many games don´t have any DLC, just the base game?

Last year in the dev live stream I asked this and JF said it was under review, which sound even less urgent than "coming soon" so I wouldn´t hold my breath.

Pity, as it is another missed opportunity to sell DLC - on Steam it takes literally 3 clicks compared to the convoluted process involving 2 shops, VRP and then possibly going back to Steam anyway if there is not enough VRP to complete the transaction.

• Like Like x 1
  4. vicnet11

vicnet11 New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Yes, a lot of time. I hope they publish some DLC again

5. vicnet11

vicnet11 New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    thank you for your comments, i agree with all you say, the buy proccess is complicated and also expensive, at least for us.

6. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    Don´t get your hopes up too much - it´s been like this since the beginning and many people have complained but it´s stayed the same. The buying process is probably RRE´s equivalent of RF2´s UI.

When people have to publish PDFs and youtube tutorials on how to buy RRE content that are longer than a car setup guide, you know something is not right!

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2021
  7. jotix

jotix New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Yes, please Sector3, huge sales in no so developed countries where the only viable way of purchase in the Steam Store... I've searching an iRacing alternative for years.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Maskerader

Ratings:
    +352 / 0 / -0
    Ah, that's a bit artificial comparison.

Buying vRP is inconvenient but it's not necessary. Sure it takes more than 3 clicks but you can also pay from your Steam wallet. The only thing that's annoying in that process is that you need to fill you wallet before the purchase. In contrast to a regular purchase of a game or a DLC on Steam, if you don't have enough money in your wallet the system won't charge the rest from your credit card and simply decline the purchase. I guess it's not a R3E issue but a Steam's one, maybe it has something to do with that in-game purchases are non-refundable.

If you say vRP is a good discount, paying from Steam wallet also has a built-in discount system. Starting at 500 vRP, it progressively goes up and tops at 18% at 5000 vRP. The most you can lose compared to buying vRP first, is about 26%, or 17 Euro, on buying the Premium pack. Annoying but not critical.

9. jotix

jotix New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    exactly, convenience is king, is a little bit doggy buy content for a "Steam game" in a random web, many people simply don't want to put any data there, Steam Store is 2 clicks away from any purchase...

Last edited: Jul 12, 2021
  10. Maskerader

Ratings:
    +352 / 0 / -0
    Buying content in R3E is a game inside a game, "Black Friday simulator", if you will.

Personally, being from one of those other countries, I like that we at least have this opportunity to dig out a better deal. An alternative could very much have been "very convenient but more expensive".

11. jotix

jotix New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Another thing I've to say is: RRRE is the ONLY of the major sims who isn't selling the content in the Steam Store: AC, ACC, AMS, AMS2, PC, PC2, etc. All are there with all DLCs.

And even the iRacing subscription is in the Steam Store with regional prices, so people of my country and others in similar situation have no choice, RRRE in not an alternative.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    RRE does sell content on Steam store. As discussed earlier, it is generally older/exclusive content and non regional pricing so if it costs 30 euros then you pay 30 euros in your own currency like a bank would charge you whereas regional pricing means that each country has independent prices which could be more or less than that but usualy less.

It´s true that the jumping-through-hoops method of first buying VRP is cheaper but less convenient and that buying via Steam still offers a volume discount and it´s also worth remembering that only the RRE will subtract already owned content from the total of new purchases e.g. you bought DTM92 on Steam then buy Starter Pack in store and you don´t pay for the Merc twice. If you bought starter pack then dtm92 on steam you would pay full price for both.

It´s been like this for so long that I doubt the system will change. We can see that ACC got more expensive regional pricing recently maybe as people were abusing the system.

13. Maskerader

Ratings:
    +352 / 0 / -0
    Why did you exclude iRacing? It doesn't sell its content on Steam.

As far as I understand, the subscription itself is only a fraction of iRacing costs. Are cars and tracks prices also a subject for regional pricing?

What do you mean? Steam DLCs all have a big list of regional prices.

14. mysterious man

mysterious man New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    The only big problem for me is that there isn't many interesting packs to buy in the in-game shop. I can't afford the premium or pro, pack, nor the legends, nor the european track pack... And what I need the most is tracks. And where is the most accessible track pack available? On steam, with the dtm-2013 pack... that ISN'T available in the ingame shop. What's that???

15. mysterious man

mysterious man New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    My god, this pack costs 15 euros?????? That's why the price on steam is such a far cry from the store prices! That's insane! If the store had these regional variations I would certainly buy so much content, the direct conversion is just merciless...

16. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    My bad. There is no regionally pricing in RR shop though as it is direct currency exchange rate from Steam funds .You see how confusing it all gets?

• Like Like x 1
  17. Maskerader

Ratings:
    +352 / 0 / -0
    Not really, honestly. R3E shop shows me its prices in US dollars. USD to local currency exchange rate is a common knowledge here where I live. When I eventually click "Pay through Steam" there's absolutely no confusion regarding how much will be charged from my wallet.

18. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    Now I have confused you too! I mean that it is confusing when the steam shop has regional pricing but the RRE shop, regardless of the payment method (VRP or steam wallet) does not have regional pricing.

DTM92, the only identical pack sold on both platforms, costs more or less the same in Euros both ways (around 8 euros) however if I lived in Argentina it would cost me the equivalent of 8 euros in pesos on RRE shop but only about €1,20 if I bought it in pesos from Steam store.

19. Maskerader

Ratings:
    +352 / 0 / -0
    Well, for me it's a bummer but definitely not a confusion. I'm presented USD prices all the time throughout the purchase process. At no point in time it makes even a slightest hint that I should expect some regional pricing.

20. vicnet11

vicnet11 New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Very true.