Problem New to RaceRoom from ACC but getting constant crashes

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Hydro, Jul 12, 2021.

1. Hydro

Hydro New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Intel I7 9700K
    MSI RTX 2080 Super
    32GB RAM
    NVME storage

Thought it was just an issue with 64bit which i cant even load a race, 32 bit crashes more time than the races load. I have sent a ticket to sector 3 but was hoping somebody might be able to decode these crash dumps and point me in the right direction.

Worth adding that the game rarely seems to exit correctly either i hit quit then have to fire up task manager and end the process and it just hangs on the main menu.

thanks in advance

Attached Files:

2. Michael Andersen

Michael Andersen New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    CPU/Memory overclock is no go when using Raceroom. Got my pc to crash in Raceroom.

3. Hydro

Hydro New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the reply!

That's a shame, my overclock is stable in every other game, don't fancy having to run defaults when I want to play RR:( just bought a load of content too.

4. Michael Andersen

Michael Andersen New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Just for fun you could try to disable the overclock and see if it makes any difference.

5. Hydro

Hydro New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Just reset all clocks/voltages back to auto, and removed XMP profile. Still crashed (64bit) when loading game, was able to select game but when getting to the track it crashed and pointed me to the crash dump. Attached latest if anybody is able to decipher.

Attached Files:

6. Haunted

Haunted Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Try 32bit.

7. Arthur Spooner

Arthur Spooner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0

8. Bavarian_Firebird

Bavarian_Firebird Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    Overclocking is not necessary most of the time as the game specs are lower then stock hardware...most of the times. It just drains on your components livetime. But that just my opinion.

Delete the MyGames folder in your Documents folder. Restart R3E and try again. Indivudial settings will be lost but if it works this way some of your settings where messed up.

You can also try to lower your resolution and try.

If I remember correctly in the games folder there should be a REDIS folder. You can reinstall DX9 from there.

Reason: When RaceRoom crashes while get you on the road it crashes during the transition from 2D to 3D.