What are your go to cars in R3E?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by daniel 2, Jul 17, 2021.

1. daniel 2

daniel 2 New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    In honour of this real life F1 weekend at Silverstone I thought it would be appropriate to have a little weekend myself and launched a F2 race at the same venue in Raceroom. A 3 qualy 15 lap race and I must say that this is the best time I’ve had with my clothes on. I was literally shaking as I made it through to q3. I was nowhere near the top of the field but this last update has placed this game hands down at the top of my list of racing sims ever. Now I’m curious what classes are you all diving in to with this last update?

best regards
    Daniel

• Love it! Love it! x 1
  2. Plutarch-Petrarch

Plutarch-Petrarch Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    I'm mainly here for the GTO classics and other older cars, as I love the very authentic looking liveries and great sounds, but as there was a sale on I picked up GTR4 as a cheap way to own an entire class and also got Bilster Berg.
    The game has since taken on another dimension for me, the GTR4 cars are so variable in their handling and suit the amazing Bilster Berg circuit so well - I've had a lot of fun switching through them as I learn the track.

• Like Like x 2
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  3. pflynhi

pflynhi New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    My go to cars: #1 has to be WTCR 2018 season with the Cupra. #2 would be a 2018 911 GTR3, and #3 DTM 2020. Honorable mentions: Callaway Corvette, 1992 DTM BMW, Audi TT, FR90 V10.

• Like Like x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  4. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    I prefer slow cars. My go to if I have half an hour to kill would be either the Porsche 964 (911 classic), or the Cayman trophy. Both absolutely brilliant cars on new ffb.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Alex Hodgkinson

Alex Hodgkinson KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +1,948 / 0 / -0
    Porsche 962 & 934 currently give me my biggest smiles. Proud of those two.

• Wonderful Wonderful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Yossarian

Yossarian Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    NSU TTS! An absolute blast around Brands Hatch Indy! Breaks down easlily, low on power but damn this thing is a nice laugh to drive and provides for some intense duels online :)

• Like Like x 2
  7. BeefMcQueen

BeefMcQueen Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +183 / 0 / -0
    Old chap here, loving oldish cars. A few already have been mentioned, like the 964 that's probably top on my list. Challenging but predictable, a sonor sounding, rewarding, heel'n'toeing fun machine. That goes for nearly every H-pattern shifted car in the game btw. So the second place might go to the DTM92 cars, for me. Big fan of the BMW and the Mustang. Another gem being both group 4 beasts, espacially the 934. And when I'm in a mood for some modern stuff, my choice would be the 911 GT3 cup and the Manthey Cayman GT4 clubsport. The only reason for me to switch the round steering wheel for the open wheeler rim would be the F4 Tatuus and the F3 cars.
    Pairing any of these cars with tracks like Zandvoort, Bilster Berg, Sonoma or the Nordschleife and I'm in sim racing heaven.

Oli

• Like Like x 2