Group C Cars undriveable?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Rexx Fernandez, Jul 20, 2021.

1. Rexx Fernandez

Rexx Fernandez New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Any tips to make the Group C's driveable? I can't get my inputs dialed in to stop it from spinning on corner exit (staying out of 1st gear helps, but the AI just rubber-band straight past me!).. and braking also seems overly sensitive, locks up too easily or just overshoots if i go the other way, can't find a sweet spot. Any tips appreciated!

2. anno900

anno900 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    I drove them on new FFB already and had no such issues. Of course these cars are beasts and not easy to drive. Did you set engine map on highest value? Then AI does not simply pass by on the straights.

3. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    You could always try knocking the pre-load down a bit, will soften acceleration off the corners, not ideal for racing but if you start lower and then stiffen bit by bit until you find a sweet spot. The only other option is take your lead slippers off!

• Funny Funny x 2
  4. PanVlk

PanVlk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    You need to be quite careful on the throttle. Keep in mind there's a turbo lag, so you need to resist the temptation to floor it if you feel like you're not getting proper acceleration out of the corner. The power is coming, it's just delayed. If you floor it in hopes the power comes sooner, you'll just get too much of it at one go once the turbo wakes up, and you spin.

edit: Also, the Porsche is easier to drive than the Nissan.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Fleskebacon

Fleskebacon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +258 / 0 / -0
    Bottom line is, these cars require an easy right foot to stay on track. But they are a lot of fun.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Rexx Fernandez

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    The AI pass me on corner exit because i have to baby the throttle to avoid spinning the car. I can't find the sweet spot, a hair too much and the car spins, a hair less and AI pass me. Insanely thin margin, input is pretty light, the power band is insane, so it will take a lot of practice to get the muscle memory. Braking is also just as problematic.. How the AI can brake so late and power out so quickly is beyond me.. Group C is clearly beyond my ability for now!!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Rexx Fernandez

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    yes, my road rage was down a few percent with the Porsche just now.. still high tho !!!:D

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Fleskebacon

Fleskebacon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +258 / 0 / -0
    Take some hours alone on track, that way you avoid the frustrations of being constantly overtaken and punted, but you still get the practise.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. PanVlk

PanVlk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    I wouldn't necessarily try to match AI everywhere, I doubt they are constrained by same physics, they can probably do some stuff that player can't. I would try some leaderboard challenges, potentially with visible ghosts, so you can compare yourself against actual players.

• Agree Agree x 2