I prefer the old FFB

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by neil, Jun 23, 2021.

1. Andy Kettler

Andy Kettler Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,107 / 0 / -0
    I drive rF2 since 2013 and the S397 cars seem to have slipangle for days which feels weird to me tbh. I dont think that was the case when ISI was in charge of the development if i remember right.

2. KudBkuik

KudBkuik Active Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    rF2-ffb (some cars) has a unique ability to convey front grip-loss through progressive steering resistance combined with surface detail, no other title does it as well (imo). It's very effective and does so without any added scrub-effect. There's not another title that can provide the same sense of cornering intensity through ffb. Sadly, rF2 is lacking in some other crucial areas but, sets a high-bar in ffb.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. MP4-25

MP4-25 New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Indeed..
    I tried the free 2 day DL on Steam of RF2 and found that the FFB, Road Feel & Tire Scrub are like no other Sim I've tried.. (I own all except iRacing.)

Didn't keep it as the menu, graphics, cars & tracks just didn't do it for me..

Have the Devs indicated any subsequent updates coming for the June changes?

Last edited: Jul 22, 2021
  4. KudBkuik

KudBkuik Active Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, understandable. Too many aspects of rF2 have remained in a state of limbo for too long. As an offline player, I won't invest any more into rF2 DLC at this point, I'd rather play other titles that offer a better overall sim experience.

rF2 development news comes by way of their monthly roadmap release.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. IndEnt

IndEnt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +76 / 0 / -0
    Every now and then I drive a few laps in rF2 - the driving experience (with the newer cars) is just great - a little bit more of the rF2-FFB in Raceroom would catapult the whole thing forwards (my personal feeling), then it would I don't touch any other sim anymore.
    Edit: compared to the rF2-FFB, R3E-FFB seems like 8bit to 16bit in rF2 - can that be possible?
    But as of now, I think the R3E-FFB is absolutely fine, it is definitely going in the right direction! (the DTM 2020 are a blast)

Last edited: Jul 22, 2021
  6. KudBkuik

KudBkuik Active Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    That would be awesome but, I suspect the magic in rF2-ffb is buried somewhere in physics / tire-model. After all, if it were easy, every sim developer would probably offer similar results. ;)

• Agree Agree x 1