Buying VRP - How does it work?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Lemmy, Aug 24, 2021.

1. Lemmy

Lemmy Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    Hi all!
    I got a tip and was pointed to gain some discounts (to save some of my very small wallets worth, or should I say VERY LIMITED budget...) shopping stuff for R3E when I was racing online, as I often do, some time ago.
    Well, summer camping season is now over, so I'm just about to saddle up for some more exciting races, and for me some new classes, hence I need to do some more shopping.

But after checking (from the tip I got) virtual Race Points VRP | RaceRoom Shop (raceroomstore.com), I can't for the life of me understand how I can buy VRP from this site as I can't see how that (newly created) account knows anything about my Steam account from where all transactions will be done, and while in game!?

Can anyone please explain how this works?
    And, let's say I want to buy stuff for 7800 VRP, and I buy 7500 from the VRP store above, can I then use those 7500 points and then manually add the missing 300 by direct buy from Steam without any hassle?

Sorry for my ignorance, but I would highly appreciate help in this matter as every penny is heavy weighted in my case.

Thank you
    /Lemmy

2. FeltHλt

FeltHλt Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +479 / 0 / -0
    You get code on your mail to redeem in your raceroom profile
    [​IMG]
    About second question, its like that, i just dont remember, if its always custom, missing amount or some premade package/steps. Try buying cheapest item there is (some livery) to see how it goes

• Love it! Love it! x 1
  3. ducman888

ducman888 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +172 / 0 / -0
    When you purchase items using VRP it is imperative that you access the store through the game itself. Do not purchase through Steam.
    They are two different resources for content.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Lemmy

Lemmy Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    That explains a lot, or should I dare to say Everything! :kissingheart:
    Thank you so much, both FeltHλt and ducman888! Now I feel comfortable enough to go through the process of buying those VRP's, and go nuts shopping Hallelujah! I will buy the rest to the completion of game content now :)

Happy racing to you all with lots of smoking rubber! :smiley::sunglasses:

Cheers
    /Lemmy

• Like Like x 1
  5. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +356 / 0 / -0
    Not sure what this tip is for... The R3E store is the only place that accepts vRP. On Steam, you pay with a real world currency.

Yes. If you don't have vRP to cover your whole purchase then, after you press "Checkout", the store asks you to pay the rest from your Steam wallet.

• Like Like x 1
  6. ducman888

ducman888 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +172 / 0 / -0
    likewise