Ranked server equality

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Danny Michael, Sep 3, 2021.

1. Danny Michael

Danny Michael Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    If we're all being ranked the same, shouldn't we all have access to the same server combinations? How is it fair that Europe gets all these ranked server combo's and the rest of us get 2 or 3 to choose from? Seems to put an unfair advantage to European users. Is my money not as good as theirs to give me the same servers to compete in? Do I really have to move to Europe to be treated with equality?

• Funny Funny x 2
  2. rad

rad Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +458 / 0 / -0
    It's about participation. It's better to have one 10 people server than 2 nearly empty. Though maybe I'd be better to have those server in 2h rotation instead 1h

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Danny Michael

Danny Michael Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    I figured this is what it comes down to. There has to be a way to get more US players on the servers. I see all these Europe servers full, doing races I want to do, but if I join one of those servers I'll be disconnected for sure.

Not sure how the infrastructure works, but maybe daily alternating of the ranked for non-europe servers allowing us all to get a shot at them. Hillclimbs at Bathurst looked like a blast on a twitch stream I watched yesterday, but then I saw Europe only and sunk back into my chair.

4. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Is your home countries internet really that poor, I can join any server, anywhere around the world, have never been kicked for poor ping once, we all regularly as a group drive in the worldwide servers, mainly because there is space for a whole raft of us to join at once. Maybe upping your speed or changing ISP is the way to go.

5. Danny Michael

Danny Michael Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    I actually have very good internet, but there is currently an issue with the European servers disconnecting people. Until that is fixed I won't go on European servers. For the servers that show a ping, I'm usually about 160 to the European servers.

I wonder if you or anyone knows why many servers show no ping time, just a "-". Is there any relevance to this "-" or just not all servers return a ping time? Is there any other way to check my ping to a server that is not displaying a time?

TIA

6. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +355 / 0 / -0
    I always assumed if I see "-" in the ping column, my ping is too high to race properly on that server. If I see a number, it's always below 300 ms which is, if I'm not mistaken, a threshold for ranked servers.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Danny Michael

Danny Michael Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    That's what I was assuming, too.

8. Madrax

Madrax New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Well if 300ping is a limit then I guess I'll not bother, coming from Aus I rarely get below the 300 mark to any server not AU based. Which none of the ranked one seem to be (at least the rookie ones) being so new to R3E.

9. 16sth

16sth Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    I never see any pings on the board. I always get a -

A lot of aussies join in on the US servers and although a highish ping have had little to no issues.

• Informative Informative x 2
  10. Madrax

Madrax New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Guess I'll give it a whirl then.

But whats with the lack of ping being displayed?

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. 16sth

16sth Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    NFI. 'If' a ping appears it's usually from the EU server and over 300 but the Oceania and US servers never show a ping for me. And I have waited and waited and waited ...