Tire temperatures - setup helper

Discussion in 'Car Information and physics updates' started by MarcoP, Aug 12, 2021.

1. MarcoP

MarcoP Active Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    I am sorry to hear that, but there is really no connection between anything force feedback related and the tool.
    And please be more precise than „a problem with my force feedback“.

2. vicnet11

vicnet11 New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Hi mate. Thanks for your response. It’s like the steering wheel loses degrees, it don't turn, the lap times go up 2 sec or more. I will test with other car.

3. MarcoP

MarcoP Active Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    I made a second and third thought about it, but I don‘t think my tool is resposible for this since I only have read access to the data of raceroom. I cannot change anything in raceroom (which would be stupid and cheating ). Sorry that I cannot help you.

4. NL-Jos

NL-Jos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +182 / 0 / -0
    Is this automaticly installed in Crew Chief?
    So we have nothing to do extra with your app and Crew Chief?

5. MarcoP

MarcoP Active Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    Currently the voice commands for 15/25 km reached are given out directly by the setup helper. This might lead to crew chief and the helper giving out voice messages at the same time. Also the volume sadly cannot be adjusted and depends on the volume set in windows.
    We have thought about implementing these commands in crew chief, but nobody knows when this will be implemented.

• Like Like x 1
  6. John Smith Racing

John Smith Racing New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Hi, Can someone explain how this is meant to work. The front inside left on this car goes into the red during the lap and as you can see from the screenshot all the tires are are colder on the outside edge, 3 by a big margin. Does -0.3 mean -3.2 or -3.8 on the front left, I would of thought camber would have to come off these tires to address the cold outside of the tire?

Attached Files:

7. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    You need to increase the negative camber on the front left from -4 to -4.3 That should increase the difference between inner and outer temperature - you want to get close to 10 degrees difference between them.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Jason PLAdoh

Jason PLAdoh Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Hey MarcoP,

Just discovered your App, and it's been a big help in the last few hours I've been using it. :)

Do I do the 25km and setup once in the setup page and that's it, or do I repeat the Process making incremental changes?

I've been doing the latter.

Just one small niggle, the app only works for me in windowed borderless mode, (didn't try windowed). No biggie as I can run this without problem.

Also would like Language and Imperial as an option.

Cheers

Jason

9. MarcoP

MarcoP Active Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    Hi Jason,
    I am glad it helps. In most cases you should be finde with the 25 km and then make the changes. But a second rund would never hurt, just to check.
    The problem with borderless windowed mode is a problem I cannot fix. It was a pain to get the overlays working and if I look back I should have never started implementing the overlays.

For now there are german and english language available, depending on the setting of your windows language. If you want another language, let me know. Languages can be implemented quickly.

What do you mean by imperial? Km -> miles?
    This is also possible and I can implement it quickly.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Jason PLAdoh

Jason PLAdoh Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Hey MarcoP,

Thanyou for taking the time to respond, no worries on the borderless windows, I'm happy to just have the App. :)

With regards the Languages, I have one half English and one half German, when I open the App, I'm betting they read the same when I think about it.

With Imperial, yes Km -> miles & Kpa ->Psi.

Thankyou once again for a great app.

J

11. Baudo

Baudo New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Great app! Just a question, the routine is: go for 25km, then go to box, set suggested changes, then another 25km run, again at garage, then re-set the new suggested changes? I’ve tested the app with dtm in redbull ring, after first run the app suggests -0,9 and -1 at front tyres…another run, gone to box, check it: again -.9 and -1…possible?
    Ty

12. Jason PLAdoh

Jason PLAdoh Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Hey Baudo,

I keep Adjusting until I get all Zero's for changes in the boxes.

hth

J

13. Baudo

Baudo New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    And if i don’t have enough room to make the changes? I’m near of maximum degrees in negative

14. Jason PLAdoh

Jason PLAdoh Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    If that's all the Adjustment the car has, then that may be as good as it will get and work with it, I Track my Lap times, to see an improvement, and don't just rely on software.

Alas racing setups are not a perfect world, and sometimes "Near Enough is Enough" will have to do.

J

Coming from an Mechanical Engineering Background, the term "Near Enough is Enough" Grinds my Gears, But I'm not going to Spend Three Weeks Precision Grinding a Towing Hitch :)

15. Baudo

Baudo New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yes, totally agree! Thank you!

16. MarcoP

MarcoP Active Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    Sorry for the late reply. Family stuff.
    If you are using the dtm 2013-2016 my tool won‘t work because the tire model of those cars is really old. It could be that there are even more classes for you which the tool does not work for, but for now the dtm 2013-2016 are the only ones I know of.

• Informative Informative x 1
  17. Baudo

Baudo New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    oh, no problem! thank you! I think also the 2020 tcr are broken

18. MarcoP

MarcoP Active Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    The TCR 2020 should work. The rear tire adjustments should be hidden and the front should work.

19. Baudo

Baudo New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    yes, my bad, it's true..rear are hidden and front tyres works

20. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +355 / 0 / -0
    Doesn't work for me. Only works in Windowed and Borderless windowed modes. Could it be because of Win7? Or because I only have a single monitor?