Problem Position Bar does not saved in the options

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Thomas Oelschläger, Sep 29, 2021.

1. Thomas Oelschläger

Thomas Oelschläger Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Hello all,

I noticed today that I can't save the "position bar" and the "relative spacing" in the options.

I can check the two menu items, but when I exit the settings in the upper left corner with the back arrow, the two menu items are not saved!

I have created a short video about this. I hope you can understand the problem.

Normally I drive with the Otterhud, but wanted to test this setting times. I have removed the Otterhud from the start options. I have also checked all game files via Steam, without any error.

There was also absolutely nothing changed on my part in the installation.

I have also run Raceroom.exe as administrator, although I am an admin in Windows. There is only me as admin user.

Do you have an idea or tip why the setting can not be saved? Other options are also saved. But I have no possibility to display the position bar.

I look forward to your answers. Thanks a lot.

Greetings, Thomas

Last edited: Sep 29, 2021
  2. dryheat94

dryheat94 New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Set a key binding for Position Bar Toggle and Position Bar Settings and toggle them while in game.

3. Thomas Oelschläger

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    I have been able to solve the problem in the "Hud.xml". For whatever reason the settings for it are not saved.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. wesker6664

wesker6664 Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    Hi Thomas can you tell me what you did exactly please ? I have the same issue since last week and it's a pain ... thanks !

5. Thomas Oelschläger

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Hi,

I'll try to explain. You can also find the RaceRoom folder under "Documents" and inside it the UserData folder. See screenshot...

Here you will find a "hud_options.xml". I have removed this and saved it before. After that the options were reset and I could activate it again.

It doesn't work 100% yet, but the position bar is there again. Some settings for the HUD are still not activatable.

You can also edit the "hud_options.xml" with the editor and set the position bar to "true" or "false", see screenshot.

I am now using the Otterhud again and am happy with the settings. It is quite strange with the HUD settings. I haven't changed anything in the settings either.

I hope I could help you.

Regards, Thomas

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      93 KB
      Views:
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      85.4 KB
      Views:
    • Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2021
  6. wesker6664

wesker6664 Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    Thank you so much Thomas, i changed the "position bar show" value to 'false' and it did the trick... weird problem though !

• Like Like x 1
  7. Thomas Oelschläger

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    With pleasure. :) I'm glad it worked. But yes, it is a strange problem.