In game render FPS drop

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SimMilesUK, Oct 21, 2021.

1. SimMilesUK

SimMilesUK New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    UPDATE TO BELOW: Problem solved. After saying nothing had changed, the only thing that had changed is that I had used my Xbox controller for some other games. I simply didnt think this would in any way shape or form affect my FPS! Deleted the controller and boom, it works, all silky smooth again!

Just thought I would update incase anyone else hit the same issue

Hello,

I have a strange issue with RRRE, I booted it up today and when in-game, whilst the FPS reported is reporting 120-135fps, the actual image I am being shown is equivalent to around 5fps. Literally. I am not sure whats happened, nothing has changed on the PC since last time I played, but it is unusable at the moment.

I have tried;

- dropping the graphics down as far as they will go - no luck
    - Restarting PC - no luck
    - Verifying Game files through Steam - no luck, says they are all fine

Not sure what else to do... any suggestions?

• Informative Informative x 1
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2021
  2. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +352 / 0 / -0
    Interesting. I know there's a massive FPS problem when you have Gamepad rumble enabled in the game settings when you actually use a wheel, but from what you say it looks like this can happen if you simply have or had your gamepad connected. Is that what you experienced? Was your gamepad connected when you had these problems? You had to delete the gamepad from your devices in Windows, right?

3. SimMilesUK

SimMilesUK New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yes, I wasnt aware of the Gamepad rumble - hadnt enabled it - but not sure if it is enabled by default, and therefore simply disabling it may have solved the issue too without deleting it from the game. I just removed from the Control tab within RRRE. so it's still technically on the system, but removed from within the game, so clearly theres some issue within the game which causes issues - as all other driving games remain unaffected.

• Agree Agree x 1