Problem Qualifying in single event

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Nash Bobo, Oct 27, 2021.

1. Nash Bobo

Nash Bobo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    I ran a race in single event with 3 laps of qualifying. The game would not go on to the next step, racing. I maid one qualifying lap and went into the pits. I waited 5 mins and got out. I can't see anything I am doing wrong. Why wouldn't it move on to racing?

Here's the pixs

"Nash"
    W Pixs.jpg

2. pierredietze

pierredietze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +232 / 0 / -0
    Did you hit ESC and got back to the menue, or did you just sit in the pits (pitstop)? And your Quali is set to 3 minutes, not 3 laps.

3. Nash Bobo

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    After a couple of mins sitting in the pits I hit ESC, Waited for a couple more mins for the top of the menu to turn from qualify to race, then hit resume and back into the pits and waited. After a min hit ESC then quit. I misspoke about 3 laps. I meant to say 3 mins.

"Nash"

4. geoffers

geoffers Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    I have no experience of this, but has the time multiplier set to 0X got something to do with it. Try again with it set to 1X.

5. Nico Kunze

Nico Kunze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +396 / 0 / -0
    Shouldnt have anything to do with it really

6. geoffers

geoffers Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    OK, I have never tried 0X so I was just speculating.

7. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    When the qualifying session is over, you actually need to press the button "Skip Session" in the garage menu to continue to the race.

8. Nash Bobo

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    It's not an option. I got the OBS on it if anyone cares to see it.
    nash1.jpg

9. Nico Kunze

Ratings:
    +396 / 0 / -0
    Thats not the garage menu tho. Thats the menu you get when pressing pause while on track. If you click return to garage youll get the garage screen and that should include an option to skip the session

10. Nash Bobo

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
  11. Nico Kunze

Ratings:
    +396 / 0 / -0
    Im not familiar enough with the whole process so cant really comment on how it works with which settings but your video doesnt show anything that would seem weird to me. Either way if you just go back to the garage and continue to the next session you should be fine

12. ducman888

ducman888 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +172 / 0 / -0
    I don't believe there is any automatic advance to next session and the only way to progress is Return to Garage and Skip Session.
    As a suggestion to Sector3 I would like to see this button changed to show as Skip Session if the session is still in process, and then change to Next Session if the session has expired.

13. Nico Kunze

Ratings:
    +396 / 0 / -0
    Actually there is. Just did a couple tests and once the timer hits 0 youre allowed to finish the lap youre on (like in basically every real life series that i know) and once you cross the line the results screen shows up (that is with manual cooldown lap disabled. With it enabled you have to go around one more time) and you can just press continue to get to the race.
    So everything working as id expect it to on my end and i still dont see anything going wrong on nashs end, he just seems to have different expectations (aka an immediate transition to the race as soon as the times up)

• Informative Informative x 1
  14. Nash Bobo

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    Thanks guys. As I understand Single Event takes a manual action, It doesn't flow automatically from one session to another like Championship (one race to another) & Multiplayer (practice, qualifying, race). I was assuming that it would automatically flow.

Thanks again

"Nash"