A brief history of RaceRoom sales...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Skidmark, Nov 26, 2021.

1. Skidmark

Skidmark Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +232 / 0 / -0
    Like many of us I was hoping for, and was a tad disappointed not to see, a RaceRoom sale this week:(.

It's worth mentioning that we have no particular right to expect there to be a sale but speaking as someone who always buys just about everything in what is a (relatively) expensive game waiting for sales is a good way to manage costs.

It's also worth reminding everyone that the lovely people at Sector 3 are the developers of the game (i.e. the people who make it great) not the publishers (i.e. the people who commission it from S3 and then sell it to us). The publishers are RaceRoom Entertainment, a division of KW automotive GmbH. It will be the publishers who decide on whether there is a sale or not...

Anyhoo... just for interest I've collated a history of RaceRoom sales which mainly goes to show that said sales are predictably unpredictable!! See below:

If you are logged in you can click on the image to make it bigger and more readable...
    upload_2021-11-27_8-53-4.png

• Informative Informative x 12
    • Like Like x 3
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2021
  2. Skidmark

Ratings:
    +232 / 0 / -0
    Based on the above, there is a 1 in 3 chance of there being a Christmas sale this year and a 1 in 6 chance of there being a 50% off Christmas sale.

The numbers are pretty fudgey of course but I do like to quantify stuff. :D

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Compared to iRansom it's small potatoes in cost.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. Skidmark

Ratings:
    +232 / 0 / -0
    I agree - I think it’s easily the best value sim out there, given the quality and huge variety of cars and tracks.

As someone, probably like your good self, who bought the premium pack more than 4 years ago, I’m just saying I look forward to the sales to top up with the latest… :D. Each item is not that expensive but it adds up.

• Agree Agree x 3
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2021
  5. bubblejohns

bubblejohns Active Member

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    compared to how little you can get away with in iracing and how their tracks are much better or at worst, not wrong. its not that much more of an investment especially as you tend to want or need almost everything here.
    you like one tcr so you buy them all, you buy the perfect german nationals, jf releases more liveries, makes you buy more gt4, drops more liveries. insert a gif of jf holding me by my legs and shaking the loose change out :( i even bought a steam pack for the ruf :mad:

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  6. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0

• Like Like x 3
  7. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Your inability to keep your hands in your pocket is hardly a RR business model issue, more something you need to chat to a shrink about. iRansom charge 4 times more, per piece of content and demand you pay a monthly ransom to use said content. There is no comparison. RR has the largest car/track count out of all sims (excluding modding) and can be picked up for £60 for the lot, that will get you precisely 5 iRansom tracks. I have never taken advantage of a sale or any of the packs, I have purchased every item individually and guess what, I still have a roof over my head.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. bubblejohns

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    obvious joke is obvious smh

9. bubblejohns

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    after you buy that complete pack say.... 3 years ago, you're left paying the regular prices, very quickly becomes, not cheap,
    iracing is very much not cheap too, the double dipping doesn't help. but you dont tend to use very much of the content at all, the track rotation hardly changes each season, unfortunately. raceroom you definitely can end up driving the vast majority of it in a month depending on the use case. but the sting in the tail is iracing works and raceroom just doesn't anymore, bugs and CTDs and whatnot, beyond hard to justify getting anything new for it

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    It would seem then that 2021 has been the poorest year for sales since 2015. @Skidmark Do you also keep a track of new content? This year has seen 4 extra tracks and 6 entirely new cars released. 4 tracks a year is on a par with 2019 and 2020 but there are less cars than normal.

11. GJDriessen

GJDriessen Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    I really hope we will be getting some sales this year. The attendance for MP is quite OK compared to some other sims. AMS2 is growing I believe.

12. taonindo

taonindo New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Some thing else to think about, are any of the sims playable off line? I know project cars is and I belive dirt is as well.
    RRRE is my pick just the same.

13. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +356 / 0 / -0
    All except iRacing, I suppose.