Problem Crash in MultiPlayer Server when Transitioning from Race 1 to Warmup 2

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Mark_C, Dec 7, 2021.

1. Mark_C

Mark_C New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Hello,

My game crashed during a league championship race while transitioning from Race 1 to Warmup 2. This is the time when Race 1 is finished but after the screen transitions to a static loading screen and there is a countdown to race finish. Of the other 34 drivers live on the discord voice comms, I was the only one that reported to have this issue. Right after mine crashed, it seemed like everyone else started warmup 2, warming up for Race 2. This was the 5th race of the weekly series and didn't have any issues in the other races.

My system is:
    Win 10
    Ryzen 5800x
    RTX 3080 (I just updated the Nvidia drivers, going from 457.3 to 497.09)
    32Gb memory
    Triple 1080p screens using Nvidia Surround
    Connected by wire to router

Since updating the driver, I had driven a couple hours on the leaderboard and also in the practice server. One thing that sometimes happens, maybe once a month, and happened the same day was clicking on Restart Session in the Leaderboard. My triple screens will go black, the raceroom sounds continue as if the car is still able to drive but my system locks up and I can't alt-tab back to windows and I have to hard reboot my computer. This issue happened with both version of display drivers mentioned above.

Lastly, system performance is generally very good running 140 to 180 FPS with the 3k triple screen resolution. The 35 driver multiplayer races can get a little choppy sometimes, so several weeks ago I reduced the graphics setting in game considerably. During the server game crash mentioned above, the game was running rather smooth with minimal choppiness.

Thanks

Attached Files:

2. Mark_C

Mark_C New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    More information on the crash above. I was recording my system info during the race with Open Hardware Monitor. Nothing looks out of normal other than the loading screen going to a higher GPU load.

upload_2021-12-7_7-10-49.png

upload_2021-12-7_7-11-4.png

Attached Files:

3. Mark_C

Mark_C New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Lastly, there are two other crash dump files that were in the same directory, both happening within a month of each other. Here they are in case there is a common theme. Sorry but I do not recall the reason for the crashes.

upload_2021-12-7_7-21-33.png

Attached Files:

4. Mark_C

Mark_C New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I had another crash in between sessions, this time it was in the Daytona 3x30 endurance race yesterday, while in the waiting screen directly after Race 2 when it has the timer that says something like, "race ends in xx seconds." This is just like the crash I reported previously that crashed in the same waiting screen after a race, waiting to transition to the next session.

Since the above crash, I did the following:
    1. Changed my system memory timing to DOHP (was overclocked previously).
    2. Did a clean install of the Nvidia driver and went to what is reported to be a very stable version 472.12. Previously I was on 457.x.
    3. Just a note: My 3080 and 5800x CPU are both still and default settings.

If I only I could read these crash dump files... I sure would like to know if the two files have the same issue in common.

Any suggestions I could get would be very appreciated since this sort of puts a damper on the enjoyment of multiple race servers in Raceroom for me. Thanks!

Attached Files: