My T300 RS GT doesn't work properly with the latest driver(2021_TTRS_4)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TaksoTS, Dec 30, 2021.

1. TaksoTS

TaksoTS New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    My t300 used to work with the previous drivers(2021_TTRS_3) and below but now it's not. The wheel can calibrate but im not getting any useful options in the control panel dash. It looks like its having some gamepad settings from this point on. To add to that, i'm, at times, getting a dll message after a while and the firmware update is either not responding or fails to update and recognizes my wheel as a t150.
    Is all of this happening because this particular update if for win10/11 os systems and im on a 8.1? Is the any way i can make it work with this new driver?

Last edited: Dec 30, 2021
  2. Peter Koch

Peter Koch Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +191 / 0 / -0
    Is the mode light green on the base?

T300 mode.png

3. pierredietze

pierredietze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +232 / 0 / -0
    If it looks like a gamepad the driver is not properly installed. This may have 2 reasons:
    1. You did something wrong installing the new drivers. Did you unistall the old one first? If not, did you run the setup routine once or twice? On the first run, the setup routine will only uninstall the old driver, you have to run the setup a second time to intall the new drivers (from the TM website readme).
    2. The driver is not longer compatible with 8.1. Release notes say it's a Win10/11 driver, maybe thats the problem:
    http://ts.thrustmaster.com/download/pub/webupdate/T500RS/Package_2021_TTRS_4_Release-Notes.txt

4. TaksoTS

TaksoTS New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    @Peter Koch i got PS4-PS3 switch positions and by default its set to PS3 to work on PC. Apart from that, the led colour is always set on red but i'm convinced this doesn't have to do with the installation of the new driver as the wheel works fine with the 3_TTRS_2021 one.
    @pierredietze I performed the installation correct. Tried a few other ways to see if something was corrupt but to no avail. I'm positive this has to do with the fact that TM no longer supports 8.1 OS and below. I performed the same installation when i was on the 2nd driver and below and it used to work fine. The current driver gets me a dll error when i try to get on the properties tab and on the firmware update app, my t300 is being presented as a t150 with a beta driver on the side. So, considering all of that, this new driver cannot be used with the t300 and be recognized by a win8.1 system and below. It sucks but i guess i got to live with it for now, unless Tm releases a compatible driver or i upgrade.

5. Mike Kara

Mike Kara Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
  6. TaksoTS

TaksoTS New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, the bootloader method tho works in certain cases unfortunately and not in a case like that. Except that, im having more frequent electric noises coming out of the fan and it is recently getting on while the wheel's auto fan process kicks in. That is slightly annoying. All i do is wait for it to stop and then force it on/off manually until it stops. Anyone else having that issue? And if so, is there a way to get rid of it?