Ping problem

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Tomaž Alič, Jan 2, 2022.

?

Is it this fair

1. Fair

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. Unfair

2 vote(s)
    66.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Tomaž Alič

Tomaž Alič New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    This night i have ping problems twice.
    Becouse of that i loose 80 rating points and 10 reputation points
    I think that problem cant take you that much of points becouse is not my fault.
    It could just not go in my statistic.
    So i think this is not fair
    What do you guys think.
    Sory for my english

2. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +356 / 0 / -0
    It's not fair, but:
    1) the devs want to discourage people from leaving races, that's why there are consequences;
    2) it's impossible to distinguish if it was a legitimate issue with the connection, or the connection was manipulated by the player in order to leave the race and get less penalty (if a penalty for a disconnect/ping was smaller than a penalty for quitting).

As for how much you get penalized, I wonder if the system can be improved.

3. Tomaž Alič

Tomaž Alič New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    More fair will be maybe like this.
    You look the position and incident points at that time.
    You are not give me + points even if i am 1st and i dont have any incident point.
    If ill be in position where i loose some points you took from me that amount of pooints like i finish the race in that position.
    That will be fair i think

4. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    Let´s go back to LeMans this year where the leading P2 car conked out in the last 5 minutes. As it didnt technically cross the line when the race time was up they did not finish at all and lost all the championship points. That was tough but those is the rules, it happened to Toyota too a few years back.

Since this a computer game, maybe PC issues are the equivalent to mechanical failures. Regarding reputation points, AFAIK the penalty reduces the more of the race you cover so if you get a disconnect on the last lap then the penalty should be much less than at the start.

In AMS·2 it works in a similar way, massive 40 point penalty for a disconnect but safety rating is preserved.

If you are having ping issues then maybe it´s due to the server being far from your location and then you would want to avoid joining them in the future e.g. a US server if you are in Europe.

5. Turtle Power

Turtle Power Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    Ping is one big RR issue for online players and probably why you can't find many online.