Question No forces under braking

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by nolive721, Jan 15, 2022.

Tags:
  1. nolive721

nolive721 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    Coming back to the Sim more seriously after a long break

I have had 2 issues after the June2021 Game overhaul on FFB and physics, the first one being no feedback if you bump into a car. I don't see anywhere that it was fixed (please correct me if I am wrong) but I could live with that for now although it kills a bit the immersion

The other one does kill the immersion, I have no forces through the wheel under braking unless I use the Engine vibrations canned effect at least at 30% to feel something.
    But doing so is not a pleasant experience, I have this low frequency vibration continuously in the wheel and when I corner, it almost hide the car physics to be transmitted to the wheel.
    My wheel is a TSPC racer that is quite satisfying for all these details the new FFB provides out of the box but as I said, testing cars with ABS is lifeless.

I remember doing some tweaking in the controller file prior this Jun2021 game update and it was great for bringing road bumps and all, I think there was an ABS strength Option at the time as well, but now these Options disappeared so I am kind of stuck.
    This is my FFB full In game setting in the attachment

any help appreciated

Attached Files:

2. Peter Koch

Peter Koch Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +191 / 0 / -0
    For the TS-PC the linearity has to be at100% and I have all forces in the Thrustmaster controlpanel at 100%.

I can clearly feel some brake rumble in my TSPC.

TSPC settings1.png TSPC settings2.png TSPC controlpanel.png

Last edited: Jan 15, 2022
  3. nolive721

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    thanks for your reply

I have everything at 100% in the TM CP

I had also set back linearity to default so 100% but didn't feel any difference. Can you advise a typical car you drive and where you feel such brake rumble?

4. Peter Koch

Peter Koch Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +191 / 0 / -0
    You can see the Brake feedback in this video, using the FFB meter and FFB multplier with the Mercedes AMG GT3.

5. Munty

Munty New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    I haven't had any brake feedback since the update with my DD1, tried all sorts. It's a bit annoying as the slight rumble before the update was fine. It's only a wave blead into the FFB signal after all. At the time I first posted I got slammed, everyone saying you don't get vibrations in the wheel in an ABC car, which I thought was missing the point completely, and in some cases completely wrong!

• Like Like x 1
  6. nolive721

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    thanks again for sharing also your Wheel settings

I noticed I was not on the very latest drivers and I updated them just now. There is this BOOST feature I see for teh 1st time, its OFF by Default but you have it ON so I will give this a try

Honestly the only way to get a little bit of brake rumble feel is to set the Engine vibration canned effect above 25% but then as I mentioned in my OP its awful with the negative impact it has on the overall FFB feel in my wheel

I have tried all the other Sims I own (ACC, AMS2, AC and RF2) and this effect is well present without degrading anything else by tweaking and tuning

7. nolive721

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    Yes again, I am totally with you. There is really something that can be improved here, dramatically, in my views as well

• Like Like x 1
  8. nolive721

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    spent a good part of my Japanese Sunday afternoon and no joy.

I mean yes brake rumble is felt if again I increase Engine vibration to minimum 25%, although the effect is very light, but then the overall FFB experience degraded seriously/
    the BOOST feature in TM new drivers I have also tested seems to be a gimmick, it doesn't bring anything for my purpose
    bit disappointing to be honest that we cant access this canned effect specifically in the Game now

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2022
  9. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    I don't think we need any kind of brake effect through the wheel. I get that through my pedals where it is supposed to be.

10. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +790 / 0 / -0

Use fananalab

Andi

11. carlos de hoz

carlos de hoz Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    my opinion is that it should be an improvement not a requirement to have a vibrating brake pedal

• Like Like x 2
  12. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    It is. I can go just as fast with the shaker turned off. Bottom line is I absolutely don't want loads of fake effects ruining my FFB. I only have a t300 so everything that isn't needed is just distracting from the actual useful FFB forces. Maybe if I had a DD with the extra fidelity then it wouldnt be an issue.

13. Nico Kunze

Nico Kunze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +395 / 0 / -0
    Thats just a personal preference tho just as some might prefer to have artificial effects. Luckily ive mostly gotten used to it by now but when the last big ffb update came out i could lock up for 50 metres and not have a single clue that i was doing so if i didnt hear the tires screaming at me.
    As far as im concerned the point of ffb is to communicate what the car is doing. If it fails to do so without artificial effects but manages to do so with them then why shouldnt they at least be there as options. You could obviously still leave them turned off if you dont like them

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  14. nolive721

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    Ok but then not everybody can afford a set of Fanatec v3 pedals

and. I think there is a contradiction of some sort with the new FFB settings
    If the intention was to implement a pure FFB and related car physics why do we have engine vibration road bump and gear shift canned effects available

I mean it would not be illogical then to add brake as well no?

and as the person above said then just let the user decides

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. Andi Goodwin

Ratings:
    +790 / 0 / -0
    Imho this isnt going to change from what we have now , you dont need fanatec v3pedals , there are other solutions out there

Just need to sort this out to your liking, with a bit of google and thought

Andi

16. carlos de hoz

carlos de hoz Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    90% of the effects of the ffb are false. Why not include the most important ones such as wheel lock when braking and collision?

• Like Like x 2
  17. carlos de hoz

carlos de hoz Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    Simhud and my bodyshakers reproduce it. Because the data is there, whoever doesn't want it should remove it. I'm tired of hearing and seeing that this ffb is the right path, but there is a lack of information on important things that were partially there before. curbs that are not felt make the car bounce and the ffb does not reproduce, very low asphalt sensation. Brake lock, collisions.etc.... Of course all this is better with dd1. I have a movement base.but come on to be honest who can afford all that. raceroom is not his main game. and although he says all this I love raceroom, and it is my main game

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. nolive721

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    if so then that's even more disappointing. There should in the Game code the possibility to split engine and brake vibration so why this could not be a further development to be implemented?
    I mean its already somehow frustrating to see that RRE is the last Simulation that hasn't done efforts in the Graphics department, the day&night transition, the weather implementation so hearing that is the FFB you get and you should be happy with that is not pleasant.

I hope the reference to a "a bit of google and thought" was kind of Sunday afternoon sarcasm at your End right:rolleyes:?
    because if that was not, that could be seen as a bit offending for your Users base here:mad:

19. nolive721

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    glad, somehow:mad:, I opened up this discussion then because I was really expecting not to be the only one affected by these issues.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2022
  20. Andi Goodwin

Ratings:
    +790 / 0 / -0
    Not a great solution but you can use fanalabs on your rig in the living room

Andi