Poor performance with a decent PC

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Adrian Garcia, Jan 15, 2022.

1. Adrian Garcia

Adrian Garcia New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi, first of all i dont know if im doing well posting this here but its my first time, so sorry if i make a mistake.

I've been on Raceroom for almost year / year and a half and recently I upgraded my Pc.

Here are the most important specs:

- Ryzen 5 3600X
    - RTX 3060 12GB
    - 16 GB RAM 3200Mhz

I play AC, ACC, F1 and ETS2 and all games run perfectly on 90FPS with max settings, but Raceroom its like from another world. Im not able to get stable 90fps with AI on High or Mid settings. For example: Nordschleife (I know its a big track) with 19 AI from GT3, i get 45-50 on start and then goes up to 75-80 , but never stable. On Zandvoort goes a bit better, but nothing significative.

I really dont know what to do. I verified Steam files, deleted my profile and created a new one, i changed options on Nvidia control pannel without any effect. Im very frustrated because I really like this sim and the AI is very good but the performance i get its so bad. I dont want to format my computer because i have lots of mods from AC.

Hope someone can give me any tip to improve this. Thanx for reading <3

2. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    Usual graphics tips.
    Lower screen resolution.
    Turn off time of day transitions
    Lower shadow, shader and relection quality
    lower mirror quality
    Start with 1 AI car and work up till you notice impact on FPS
    Also there is a new Nvidia driver that came out yesterday, which might give a small FPS boost.

3. Adrian Garcia

Adrian Garcia New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I reinstalled the game, put the low preset graphics and 80fps on start and 100 average through the race. I dont undertand what is happening

4. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    That sounds about right for your spec PC. What were you expecting?

5. Adrian Garcia

Adrian Garcia New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I mean, i can play Assetto Corsa and Assetto Corsa Cometizione on High settings, F1 2021 with raytracing, and rFactor 2 on high settings on 90 fps solid as a rock. And then Raceroom cant get 90 fps on low? i know its not the best pc but the performance of the game doesnt seems right to me. But maybe I need better specs. Thanx for answer. I'll low the graphics and enjoy

6. nolive721

nolive721 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0
    you didn't say at what resolution you play?

Just for your reference, I am on an UW 3440x1440p now (I have triple 1080p set-up as well) and I get nice 70 to 85fps in most scenarios I have tested (above 30cars on track, Graphics on Max everywhere)
    My CPU is a 3500X so equivalent to yours but without the Multithreading, and a 6600XT GPU which is also equivalent or slightly better than your 3060

I even tend to run the Game with CPU&GPU Undervolted/underclocked to reduce power and heat, no problem at all.

7. Adrian Garcia

Adrian Garcia New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

1080p one screen

8. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    you can look in task manager and see what % occupancy proceessor and GPU are getting ingame or run the DX benchmark from the thread on this forum but I´d say that´s par for the course for your spec - what HZ monitor is it?

If you are not running VR 80-100fps is fine as long as there is no stuttering or other issues.

9. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +355 / 0 / -0
    You should definitely expect more than unstable 80 FPS on a single FullHD monitor. Something's wrong for sure.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Andy Kettler

Andy Kettler Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,109 / 0 / -0
    Welcome to DX9. Thats the biggest limitation of RR.

• Like Like x 1
  11. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Have you got MSI afterburner running?