Problem About rammers or you can call wreckers

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Jojo Amarante, Nov 6, 2021.

1. Jojo Amarante

Jojo Amarante New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I will like to know where can I complain about rammers in RaceRoom ... I use to race on iRacing there is no rammers ... why this people are race like that?
    Is it because there is no punishment?
    How can people race like that?

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +352 / 0 / -0
    I know you can do it on Discord: https://discord.gg/fUT4Bdw
    Channel #ranked-multiplayer, a pinned message has the info on how to do it.

Bear in mind that if what you want to report is simply not clean enough racing, nothing obviously malicious or grossly incompetent, there probably won't be any consequences.

Also Rookie servers often have lower standards of driving because of new or low-skilled players. If you could, drive cautiously and get your reputation to 75-80, you'll be able to join rep-limited servers.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2021
  3. Carlos Barros

Carlos Barros Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    Funny. I see lot's of rammers there too.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Jojo Amarante

Jojo Amarante New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Hi Maskeraker
    Thank you so much ... yes I have enough reputation , now I understand
    Thanks you
    Jojo Amarante

5. consoleandpcgaming

consoleandpcgaming New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Totally agree so many wreckers in Raceroom Ranked Racing, someone crashes into you and you get incident points, its silly! Im going to go and try another sim if they dont fix this. 5 out of 6 races there is always one who causes crashes. Those reversing onto a track into traffic, brake testers, rammers if they get overtaken. The system doesnt penalise the wrecker. They should get the incident points not the victim!

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. consoleandpcgaming

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Not as bad as Raceroom though with regards to wreckers

7. consoleandpcgaming

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Thats not true, some so called rookies are about 4 or 5 seconds faster than 9th place and lower? Suspicious how they are rookies with times seconds ahead of others, very puzzling!

8. Nico Kunze

Nico Kunze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +395 / 0 / -0
    Regarding the driving standards a few fast guys at the front dont change how clean the people in 20th place race (which are the people youll be racing against if youre a "real" rookie by your understanding). But the name "rookie server" is a bit misleading anyways as everybody will have to at the very least do a couple races on the rookie servers when they start ranked racing (regardless of if theyve just downloaded a free to play game an hour ago and use a keyboard or if theyve been an alien racing at the highest level for years). And as long as the rookie servers are open to everyone and offer combos you dont get on the higher servers youll also have a good amount of non "rookies" joining in

Dont know if this is the same thing youll find on discord but i saw this link posted a few days ago and it seems to be the best option to report rammers
    https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSd-L9LMaUJMa85mLgFwCLbjWKIzABNeXin04hEPlXp6KQHg4A/viewform

9. FeltHλt

FeltHλt Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +478 / 0 / -0
  10. fedor

fedor New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    faster drivers use rookies as canon fodder to increase their reps,some dont qualify so they can pass rookies who are slower.
    I was rammed on the last corner for 7th by a desperate who had gone off on the corner before

• Funny Funny x 2
  11. Peesjee

Peesjee New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    That’s the main reason I don’t like 15 minute races. First corner is regularly a disaster because it’s a short race and a lot of drivers want to gain positions very quickly. When you do longer races (let’s say > 40 min.) then you’ll notice that on average there are less incidents in first corner (at least, that is my experience) than the short races. It’s no drama when you loose a couple of places, you have plenty of time to make that up.

12. azaris

azaris Active Member

Ratings:
    +33 / 0 / -0
    "Start from the back in a rookie lobby to increase your rep" is some kind of strategy.

13. Nico Kunze

Nico Kunze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +395 / 0 / -0
    Was about to say, if you care about your rating and reputation at all then thats about the dumbest thing you could do :D

14. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +790 / 0 / -0
    Faster , higher ranked guys have much more to loose ,
    But on to the subject of wreckers , good news is you have found the forum , do take a few minutes to report them

Andi

15. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    You don't get any rep or rating for overtakes. So starting from the back would be a huge disadvantage.

16. fedor

fedor New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    the well known members should have a look in the rookie servers

17. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    I have done quite a few ranked MP races and in a 15 min race I can tell you I want as good a grid position as I can get to stay out of trouble.

I agree that starting at the back does help you see what is going on ahead but a fast driver has more to lose by overtaking multiple slower ones as they are more likely to make contact (as per your experience) or get blocked and lose skill rating by finishing behind worse players dicing with each other. The fellow who is at the top of the rankings usually starts on pole and you don´t see him again till the cooldown lap, which is the way to gain rep too by avoiding collisions and off tracks.

Some who don´t case about rep may do it as a challenge and in non ranked servers it happens a lot as people join when qually is finishing and can´t set a time or have nothing to lose so they do it for fun.

In AMS2 you can run with MP an AI cars and that is a turd show as the AI cause bottlenecks or have weird braking points or super acceleration so you want to be well ahead of them or they will ruin your race.

18. consoleandpcgaming

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    i understand it cant be totally eliminated but when someone deliberately crashes into you why do you also get incident points?

19. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    Because the game can´t judge what is intentional.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. thespeedracerx

thespeedracerx New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0