Problem Help to get the game running properly

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Rexx Fernandez, Feb 4, 2022.

1. Rexx Fernandez

Rexx Fernandez New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    I'd really like some help to get this game running properly on my system again.
    A few weeks ago i upgraded my DD1 and Porsche wheel drivers.
    The game will now only see those in Clubsport V2.5 compatibility mode.
    Secondly, the game now takes forever to load, from Steam it takes 3 minutes 40 seconds before it says "press any key to continue".

When session parameters are set, it takes a further 80 seconds to get on track.
    Click the red DRIVE button (usually need to click it twice) and the games hangs for 20 or 30 seconds before i can drive off. I go to the garage, tweak the car, and then click drive, and again, it just hangs again for 20 or 30 seconds again, it's just too time consuming.

Is there anything i can do or check that might solve this? Direct X, Dependencies?
    This ain't the first time this has happened,i'm running out of patience, it all is taking far too long just smoothly experience the game. Often i have to remap all the inputs from scratch, so that's another 2 minutes.

Normally, the game boots up in around 2 minutes, and there is never a lag when clicking drive, always been fairly instant. Windows 10 21H1, Intel 7700k, RTX 2080Ti, 32gig ram, loads of hard disk space.

Ive deleted Controller data, let steam re-validate, updated Nvdia, yada yada..

2. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    Maybe you could try to use a VPN to see if it helps.

3. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    what type of usb port is the wheel plugged into ?

sometimes fanatec drivers can bug out , uninstall yours , run ccleaner and run the registry tool , restart pc , re install the drivers

Andi

4. Rexx Fernandez

Rexx Fernandez New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Thank you for the replies. I noticed an update to W10 21H2, so i did that, now the loading time is back to normal as is the instant transition time from garage to track. The Fanatec V2.5 compatibility i can live with, rather not go down that road again like i did a few weeks ago to no avail, I just need to remember to flip it before i launch the game!