Bug Disconnects during transition in race, also broadcastor

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by RWB Charger, Mar 6, 2022.

1. RWB Charger

RWB Charger Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    Where to start with this.....So we have been running a fair amount of Raceroom lately and these bugs still are not fixed and have now been reproduced by 3 or 4 sources with different hardware and connections and it is easy to replicate.

I highlighted this on the Raceroom Discord months ago but will post it here as it needs attention.

Problem 1, anyone who is viewing the race as a broadcastor and streaming say to Youtube get's kicked between a transition from Race 1 to Race 2 if you have 2 races set to run, this happens every single time and can be easily checked and reproduced, may not sound a major problem but when you are doing a live stream it sort of kills it with the streamer having to wait for the countdown to reconnect.
    Never used to be like this see problem 3 below.

Problem 2, Sort of related to problem 1, we see a lot of people disconnecting in game between race transitions and it happens regularly, we had 18 racing last night but transition from Race 1 to Race 2 we lost about 5 people who had a disconnect and they can't rejoin as it kicks them back to lobby, a big problem if you want to do say reversed grid races or any 2 race format.

Problem 3, We used to run a mini league on one night, the format was 5 races, 5 different tracks, 1 car, 8mins Q and 8 mins R, it worked great and we had a whole night of racing without disconnects, now if you set more than one track it will kick you back to lobby every single time when it transitions to next track, easy to replicate and tested on 3 different servers.

All these issues are easily to replicate apart from the random disconnects between race transition but I believe they are all the cause of one problem somewhere, I find it very odd that no one is highlighting this but I suppose not many people do 2 races or multiple tracks and of course it won't show up in Ranked as they are single races but I'm sure if it did then something would be done.

So please S3 can you look at this asap as it needs fixing, makes running more than one race pointless which is a shame as the option to run up to 3 races back to back exists and also track rotation.

2. Mad Al

Mad Al New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    As one of the random disconnects from yesterday's races, I'll back this up to say that things seem to be getting worse on that front.

I was disconnected waiting for the transition from the first race to a warm up session between races, when the transition didn't appear to work I pressed escape and was then shown a timer showing 2400 seconds till the end of the race (2400 seconds being the full 40 minutes of the race). After a while I was then throw back to the server browser, which wouldn't be so annoying if we could join, or rejoin, a warm up session.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Arnoux

Arnoux New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I have to agree with this. As streamer and commentator for RRL, the ‘return to lobby’ that RWB Charger has noted here as spectator is real, and is a real pia. Especially as you know the server is fine but you sit there and keep hitting refresh after refresh and still the server is switching sessions when, in reality, the cars are forming up on the grid. Many a time we’ll finally get in and already the drivers are halfway through lap 1.

• Like Like x 1
  4. [RWB] Rygel

[RWB] Rygel New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Those of us that are lucky enough to actually survive the transition from race to race, are rewarded with a game crash at the end of it... Every. Single. Time.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    any chance you could supply the server logs and the game logs from the ppl who got dropped as it would help lods

Andi

6. RWB Charger

Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    Sure we can try and get some yes.

7. Andi Goodwin

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0

thanks

Andi

8. RWB Charger

Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    What are the paths for server and client for the files?

9. [RWB] Rygel

[RWB] Rygel New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    If it's any help, I believe this is the Crash.dmp file from the game crash I had AFTER the two consecutive races

Attached Files:

10. Mad Al

Mad Al New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I think these should be the right logs... client side, as I said, disconnected after the first race waiting to transition to the warm up between the two races

Attached Files:

11. Rapster

Rapster New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I too would like to echo comments made by the earlier posters. The transition between races is a gamble as to whether one will transition or face a crash or freeze of the software kind. Like @[RWB] Rygel wrote above, I usually manage to transition from one race to another in the session, albeit with some trepidation, but I will pretty much always then face a crash at the end of the session.

Please find attached my client side crash log from the evening of the 5th of March 2022.

Attached Files:

12. RWB Charger

Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    It would appear that seems lowering the race finish time to 120 and chequered after time to 120 doesn't kick the spectator out for streaming.

13. Andi Goodwin

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    thanks guys for all the info , this is in the bug tracker

Andi