AI Skill Categories?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Qwikstreet, Mar 15, 2022.

1. Qwikstreet

Qwikstreet Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    This is separate from the other thread that talks about matching skills to the IRL racers. This one is to discuss if anyone knows if RRE has set categories they judge drivers on.

For example, Fifa has a few categories that break into subcategories. Pace (Sprint, Acceleration), Shooting (Positioning, Long shots, penalties, etc), Passing (Crossing, Curve, etc), Dribbling (Agility, Balance, etc), Defence (HEading Accuracy, Marking, etc), and Physical (Aggression, Jumping, etc).

Madden is similar but they have to create more position-specific categories since there are more dedicated roles a player has on the field. (https://madden.fandom.com/wiki/Attributes)

If it is unknown what RRE uses as attributes, which ones do you think you would track for a racing title?

Here are just a few I have in mind. Standing start, shifting, and pitting technique. Standing start is pretty straightforward when it comes to reaction time and aggressiveness off the line. Shifting is for proficiency the driver is at hitting the rev limits and even how well they downshift into turns. The Pitting shows how well one enters the pit lanes with momentum before hitting pit speed limits etc.

2. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Qwikstreet

Qwikstreet Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Excellent read. Thanks. Their breakdown is straightforward with lots of definitive levels. I think my approach was watered down and excessive.

4. P. Smorzalo

P. Smorzalo New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Race 07, the grand-father of Raceroom, had them.
    Talent files totally editable with lots of different skills:
    Aggression
    Start
    Slow corners speed
    Fast corners speed
    Qualy pace
    Race pace

It was beautiful

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1