Realistic AI drivers skills in offline races

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by gabrieletarquini, Mar 12, 2022.

1. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Without going into specifics, the AI already have a wide set of attributes that can be tweaked. It's certainly possible to have them behave more realistically in regard to individual driver skill. It's a fairly labour intensive task though. As far as I know a better version of the DTM21 AI is already in testing builds so will probably make it into a public build sooner than later.

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Stelcio

Stelcio Active Member

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -0
    Why not let players tweak them on their own then?

3. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Policy I suppose. Most of this game is encrypted. In race07 you could do just that

4. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    Yes, it is like that in GTR2 and in AMS2 too. Apart from custom liveries you can create your own custom driver talent database. I think it´s a text file whereyou can edit multiple individual factors besides lap speed like mistakes under pressure, endurance, aggressiveness etc on a car per car basis. Obviously that´s a lot of work for a game with 200 vehicles alone, never mind all the liveries but one would expect official championships to have that built in for realism, especially if the user can´t do it.

• Agree Agree x 8
  5. GregoryLeo

GregoryLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +360 / 0 / -0
    I’m doing a dtm championship right now and that’s not my experience at all, quite an even spread over all in fact.

6. azaris

azaris Active Member

Ratings:
    +33 / 0 / -0
    Based on my results, they appear to be mostly random from race to race or at least not based on real world results at all. Marco Wittmann in the back, Kelvin van der Linde midpack, Vincent Abril winning multiple races...

7. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    My impression, too.
    The race/season editor should "bake" the season once the player has tuned its details to his liking, with a general AI driver setting assigned at the beginning of the season and being kept all season long, and a smaller variation randomly allowed between races, but a small one only. So, baking the season for use has the AI drivers' general settings frozen, not the race-to-race small variations.

8. GregoryLeo

GregoryLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +360 / 0 / -0
    My response was that the field was mixed, not necessarily accurate. And while yes I would also like more accuracy. It doesn’t ruin the race for me.