WTCR 2021

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RS3 LMS, Aug 23, 2021.

1. RS3 LMS

RS3 LMS New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Ho guys, is the WTCR license confirmed for this year also? So we’ll have the carpack 2021 with new elantra and new rs3?

2. FeltHλt

FeltHλt Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +479 / 0 / -0
    no

3. RS3 LMS

RS3 LMS New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Se fosse sarebbe un vero peccato, era l'unica licenza interessante..i hope for a surprise

• Like Like x 1
  4. alesi27

alesi27 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +233 / 0 / -0
    • Like Like x 5
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  5. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    This pack should be out soon, right? The 2022 season was to have started last weekend but the first round got cancelled as has the Russian race in August and they are down to just 3 car brands and 11 full season drivers so the writing looks to be on the wall.

6. Stelcio

Stelcio Active Member

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -0
  7. Adamcas87

Adamcas87 New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
  8. Stelcio

Stelcio Active Member

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -0
    I don't know.

9. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    Well, the cars are in the game since December and they have been pushing updates for them in the recent patches. I hope it's just a matter of getting the new models approved by Audi and Hyundai.

Regarding the real WTCR, Zengö Motorsport apparently still intends to join the grid. Rumor has it that the Asian races are getting cancelled again this year, so maybe this helps in bringing in other European teams.

10. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    3 manufacturers is piss poor for what is supposed to be a low cost FIA world championship. It´s even more shameful that none of them are European brands, perhaps they are all so busy merging with each other and going electric there is no money in the pot for motor racing.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Stelcio

Stelcio Active Member

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -0
    "Low cost world championship" may not be a possible concept anymore, with transport costs going through the roof.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. BTCCmad

BTCCmad Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Well i certainly hope 2021 season still appears, grid was fine for that. Whether they bother with 2022 however....guess we'll see how the season turns out, but one thing at a time!?

13. bubblejohns

bubblejohns Active Member

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    look at the sponsor on the hide of the car, id bet it was just late to get done, now it had an issue with that
    im not holding my breath on having it soon

14. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    They announced two more rounds in Vallelunga and Anneau du Rhin for the 2022 season.

15. keanos

keanos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +137 / 0 / -0
    Why 3 car brands? Aren't there Audi, Cupra, Honda, Hyundai and Lynk&Co? Or do you count Audi and Cupra as one because of the same mothercompany?

16. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    Audi (Cometoyou) and Cupra (Zengo) are not confirmed full season entries. When you can´t find an official entry list 2 weeks before the season starts it is not looking good.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. keanos

keanos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +137 / 0 / -0
    I think the whole situation about the canceled raceweekend(s), didn't played well for some teams. Coronel is still connected with cometoyou, as the news about the EuroTCR shows. So I think he will probably drive the WTCR this year. Zengo was in Talks with two other "non-WTCR" manufactorers over the winter, but it seems they couldn't find an agreement with them, so I think also they will continue with the cupras, now that we will have more european races.

Let's see, also the EuroTCR doesn't have a grid now and they start in 2 weeks.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2022
  18. bubblejohns

bubblejohns Active Member

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    eurosport that runs wtcr was a truck load of money to run their series, its not financially viable for most. you NEED full manufacturer support and most of these teams not only have that but are under the umbrella of the actual homologation group aswell like alfa was, or at least use their staff like jas/honda with munnich last year. WRT com to you was another one. its just in the ebb and flow with that series. its not healthy itll need to have a reshuffle and come back or just die out
    it did it along time ago, then again with S2000 and again with the terrible tc1 regs, tcr is alot more stable tha anything theyve ever run, but its intended as a customer series.

19. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    Comtoyou confirmed 4 Audis today.

20. Balrog

Balrog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 0 / -0
    Which raises the number of full season entries to a staggering 15.