RACEROOM LAG ISSUES

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by LucaGagliardini#19, Apr 24, 2022.

1. LucaGagliardini#19

LucaGagliardini#19 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi everyone
    i have to give a bit of a background on this issues
    Yesterday i reinstalled raceroom to race on ranked servers, got otterhud installed and started racing.
    evrything was fine no issues at least for 40-50 minutes, everytime i started the game i was able to race around 2 ranked sessions and then always crash in the middle of the second one.
    So i looked on the forum and i saw that the fix was activating the compatibility resoultion on both Raceroom and steam... and it worked, i raced for 2 hours without issues,

This morning i start up my pc and started playing as always, but every session i join (both offline and online) i start having spike of lag, and the more i play the more they increase making it unplayable because other that visual lag i also have FFB lagging, i tried everything, graphic issues? no i lowered and nothing changed, CPU or RAM issues? nope it uses only the 30% of CPU and memory usage, tried to verify if files were corrupted and it seems all fine.

at this point i dont know what to do, i restarted everything many times but nothing changed so i rely on you guys

2. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Are you using afterburner/rivatuner? They are known to cause issues with frame rate.

3. LucaGagliardini#19

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    No nothing about that, but I found out that this is not a raceroom problem is a fanatec drive problem wich causes my cpu to run at 99% everytime my wheel activate, but all the fixed i found online seems to not work for me

4. Arthur Spooner

Arthur Spooner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    I read from people having this problem in the past. But AFAIK Fanatec have fixed this bug in one of their driver releases. What Fanatec hardware do you use and which driver and firmware do you have installed?

5. LucaGagliardini#19

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I use the CSL élite wheelbase, now i have installed the latest drivers but before the issue i used to have installed the 415 version of the driver package

6. Arthur Spooner

Arthur Spooner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    Firmwares updated? Which version?

And what do you mean by latest? 439 from the general download site or 440 from the forums?

7. LucaGagliardini#19

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    439, i also tried with old ones and the last one i used before that problem but it seems to not solve

8. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    Sometimes fanatec updates can do a bit of carnage in the registery , uninstal it run ccleaner registry tool , click yes on backup and reinstal , i wouldnt do the latest one go back a few and reinstal

Andi