Released WTCR 2021 Car Pack

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Georg Ortner, Apr 22, 2022.

1. Georg Ortner

Georg Ortner KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +3,507 / 0 / -0
    The WTCR 2021 Car Pack is now available in RaceRoom!

[​IMG]

Including the all-new Hyundai Elantra N TCR

[​IMG]

As well as the updated Audi RS3 LMS TCR

[​IMG]

And all official Teams of the 2021 Season!

[​IMG]

Get ready for the Pinnacle of Virtual Touring Car Racing!

[​IMG]

Out now ➤https://game.raceroom.com/store/pack/wtcr-2021

• Like Like x 11
    • Love it! Love it! x 6
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2022
  2. keanos

keanos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +136 / 0 / -0
    Nice one, can't wait to try the new cars. Wonder how they will perfom on the Nordschleife.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2022
  3. JBMAK

JBMAK Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +73 / 0 / -0
    Are there any differences in driving physics compared to the 2020 models or is it just new paintwork?

4. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    The same cars are the same. New cars (Hyundai and Audi) have any relevant geometry changes applied.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. Pierluigi Vinci

Pierluigi Vinci New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    so same cars that i own in WTCR 2018 are exactly like the 2021 ones, apart from liveries?

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    Yes, it´s the same as with ADACs and DTM´s - if the car is the same through the years then it is basically a skin pack and you should only pay a little more however a new EVO or new car will be fulll price and may have different handling from the previous gen.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. Stelcio

Stelcio Active Member

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -0
    I wouldn't listen to people who don't know anything about the game, its updates and its financial model and most likely don't play it too much. Racedepartment comment section includes people well beyond a particular sim's audience that just need some reason to complain about.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 1
  8. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    I don't think much hype was expected over a new TCR pack? We know what they are, unless you are a diehard fan of the series it just more of the same. I play the 2018 car pack mostly as it has more variation in manufacturers. While it's true the graphics are lagging behind the competition there's more to a racing sim than that. I have ACC and can run it in full epic mode. It looks good. But it's limited in its scope. AMS2 has the graphics and a good car selection but still drives like shit. So it's still raceroom that's doing most things right for me, despite its shortcomings in some areas.

• Agree Agree x 10
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  9. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo Active Member

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    Be honest,no need to defend any sim. - But the GFX is outdated,running a sim on one (1) core in 2022 too.You can't use Otterhud anymore,no day night cycles,time multipler also sucks fps etc.The new FFB sucks too.Sorry the thrill has an end as the game-engin is to limited.+ The AI is great though.Some unique tracks i love and great cars not available else where.
    We need the same sim with a future engine.

Ähem,wich cars drive like "shit" in AMS2 in your opinion,say it...
    Edit : I see many names from Raceroom,who also enjoy this sim.Careful with these conclusions.We have 8 years to go;)

• Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2022
  10. memoNo1

memoNo1 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155 / 0 / -0
    Nobody forces you to use RRRE.
    I have a lot of fun with it.

• Like Like x 7
  11. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo Active Member

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, and RF2 i know and yes i put a lot of money and heartblood in it,so what will you say with this useless comment?
    Take it or leave it,you make it yoursellf very easy,buddy.It's a technical thing.And KW suspensions is not a "poor" company....

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  12. Stelcio

Stelcio Active Member

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -0
    I have no issues with OtterHUD. Works fine.

I'm not obsessed with FPS either, Raceroom works fine in all conditions. Whether it's 120 or 80 FPS is of no relevance to me, same experience.

I don't check core use either, I'm playing a game, not evaluating engine's resource use.

Graphics are outdated, but it doesn't really detract from my experience, not nearly as much as handling quirks other sims suffer from. It's a racing sim, not an open-world storytelling game, needs to drive well first, look good second.

Force feedback is widely praised. I understand it may not suit your preferences, but your personal negative opinion doesn't mean it sucks.

Sure, I'd love for Raceroom to upgrade to a newer engine and add several features, like dynamic whether, day-night cycle, dynamic track condition, driver changes, etc., and fancy looking graphics on top of that. But your complains are mostly either irrelevant or wrong. You're going to choose one sim over another because it uses more cores and provides 20% higher FPS, when both run triple digit numbers? That's a weird criteria for a racing sim choice.

That's the point - people often disregard Raceroom, because they base their choice on irrelevant superficial qualities instead of core experience, where Raceroom is top notch. People who stick with Raceroom, stick with it because it offers superb racing with diverse, high quality content. That's what we care about, not core count, godrays and marginal FPS boosts.

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  13. memoNo1

Ratings:
    +155 / 0 / -0
    I strongly assume that something big is definitely being worked on in the background.
    Don't you think they know that themselves?
    And as long as I continue to enjoy RRRE. .

• Agree Agree x 3
  14. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo Active Member

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    Speakin' for my PC-system as i only need 60 fps@1080p.Fine if it works for you and others,for me not after the big FFB upgrade.So i can handle ACC but Raceroom isn't smooth anymore .I always said before these FFB update,that every racing sim should take a look at raceroom and how they handle it for reference.And you can say what you want-one CPU CORE is not enough since then.Don't need VR and i don't buy a bigger CPU for a 10 year old game to play it as i knew it before.Only while Microsoft says "your CPU is not supported for Win 11 but everything else is fine",i don't upgrade my hardware,as everything works perfect.I'm not a consumption slave of the software industry.

• Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  15. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo Active Member

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    No,i'm deaf and dump.:D
    But i could be communicated a bit more couldn't it?;)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  16. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    There's something wrong with your system then. I'm on a 1070 with an i5 10500 and I get rock solid 60fps at 1080p even with full grids and everything set to maximum. That's running with otterhud, simhub,.crew chief and second monitor all in the background. Our system specs should be comparable.

Edit: checking it out my CPU is a tiny bit faster at stock clocks, if you've overclocked you will be ahead. And I never see above 50% CPU usage when playing the game so there's tons of overhead there

17. memoNo1

Ratings:
    +155 / 0 / -0
    KW Studios has never done this before.
    And I think that kind of philosophy is quite reasonable.
    You don't put too much pressure on yourself and the community doesn't come with exorbitant expectations.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Georg Ortner

Georg Ortner KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +3,507 / 0 / -0
    • Like Like x 6
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  19. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +352 / 0 / -0
    No linked discounts? For example, Lynk&Co 03 is the same as in 2020 pack, but the store asks a full price anyway. (Can't check other cars since I don't have them.)

20. RoccoTTS

RoccoTTS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +534 / 0 / -0
    Same here, no discount for the Lynk&Co 03 and i still have to pay € 1.99 for the Honda i already own.
    I think € 18.96 is pretty expensive for the whole pack if you already own every WTCR pack from the past.

• Agree Agree x 11