News RaceRoom Ranked Championship

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by RaceRoom, May 2, 2022.

1. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    As the results are not published it is impossible to see what ratings the selected drivers had but you may just have been unlucky and not picked. There were people on the gold servers with less than 1800k rating so logically the silver and bronze would have been lower but since they were not streamed we can´t check till the results are updated.

2. Stelcio

Stelcio Active Member

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -0
    Actually, the results are visible on respective drivers' profiles, as they were counted as regular ranked races as well.

This is, I believe, the bronze server for BMW:
    [​IMG]

The lowest ranked driver on that grid at the moment of closing the registration was, I believe, Víctor Bernat Rubio, with 1679 Rating. He seems like an anomaly though, as the rest seems to be at least a few points over 1690.

3. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    Just reflecting your comments I would say that in an ideal world full of strong, honest, non-opportunistic characters of integrity, each one would take the slot on the server he's meant to start from.
    In reality a certain percentage is out there to take advantage no matter what, so I do not wonder if some participants go with "Why should I ripp my A* off by fighting against equals or even better ones than me, if I can get an 75% almost guaranteed Top Five Result on a Rookie server (plus seeing my name on the top of the screen in big luminous letters) ????"

I overstate a bit,yes, but guess I'm not so far from the truth...it is a common issue in our midst...

• Like Like x 2
  4. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    It´s poker at Vegas as there are higher chances of being nailed by someone on a rookie server.

5. jan112233

jan112233 New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    actually not, because there are almost no beginners on the rookie and on the server. Most of them do not get a starting place ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    Perhaps, but from my experience it's not how the mindset of those usual suspects works...

7. Nplus1

Nplus1 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Is it just me or are there very few GT4 servers for Spa?
    On any given time you might see 3-4 servers running for BMW M235i, but you have to wait tens of minutes to get a GT4 server.
    I understand that there must be more interest for the rookie BMW servers, but shouldn't there always be at least one server for each series of the championship running all the time?

8. Amir_Pomen68

Amir_Pomen68 New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    sorry this thread might not the appropriate reply to discuss this...

Previously i was in r3e discord server for good time...
    but recently my pc was compromised by malware/trojan virus... and its spamming every discord server i was in.. including official r3e channel...

as a result i was banned from that....

now the issue have been solved and i managed to recover my discord back...
    hopefully r3e discord admins/moderators would lift ban imposed on my account... :sweat:
    my discord name were Amir_Pomen / ^pomen_GTR^##### on r3e channel

9. FeltHλt

FeltHλt Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +479 / 0 / -0
    try it now

10. Amir_Pomen68

Amir_Pomen68 New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    All is good now...

Many thanks

Cheers

11. nickh158

nickh158 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0
    Which is exactly what I said would happen. Actual 'rookies' or slower drivers will never get a place in the championship. Also as I said, the assertion that anyone, even complete beginners can participate is nonsense.
    Sadly, after some 2000 hours, I've uninstalled Raceroom. Hopefully, things will change in future.

12. nickh158

nickh158 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0
    That's what I've been saying about the ranked servers as well, ever since it became apparent that the average field is 1.6k+

13. Amir_Pomen68

Amir_Pomen68 New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Actually ive seen some rookies (if based on their rating less than 1.6k) are properly fast...

Like in community monday challenge and other common simracinggp clubs championship....

So their rating usually didnt increase..and some even lower than 1.5k... but their driving skills definately above average... (Im lower than average anyway)

14. Stelcio

Stelcio Active Member

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -0
    Actually, that turned out to be a Silver server. My bad. Bronze started in low 1600s. Which means if more series are added, Bronze rookies will most likely run in 1500s.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    The cut for the GT3 bronze server today is at 1556, so basically everyone with a rating > 1500 is able to participate now...

16. ShonoSF

ShonoSF New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi,
    I think it is a really good idea that the championship's first criteria is Reputation (and not rating). So you don't have to be an 'alien' to participate, just have to be consistent, respect others, know the track and your car. I really appreciate the approach, because that's how "community racers" can join.
    You want a place on the grid? Than hit the track, learn patience, physics, raceline and work on your setup. That's it.
    I see many of us can do one fast lap (and finish the second in the wall), but it's not racing. Those who can not accept this will not reach the required reputation.
    I would even raise the rep by +5 for each, and make another class for rep 90+ (last 10 races)
    And lets make a "Wood" class for true starters.
    I am really happy with how many we are.