Problem FPS in multiplayer

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Yar&Mak, May 21, 2022.

1. Yar&Mak

Yar&Mak New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    My computer is already too old for modern games, but at medium and minimum settings it consistently produces 40 - 50 fps. Problems appear when I go into multiplayer races. The more people on the server, the less fps, up to 15 people is still normal to race, if more than 20 participants fps drops to 20-30, and with a full starting grid fps drops to 10. In such conditions it is simply impossible to race, I try to avoid a large number of players, and it's very sad. Maybe there is an opportunity to somehow reduce the load in multiplayer mode, because in a single game everything is fine.

2. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    You could try reducing contact shadows and number ofr drawn vehicles in settings. Otherwise stick to servers with less players, I guess.

3. Yar&Mak

Yar&Mak New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    There is also a problem with the number of rendered cars. If there are 20 cars in the settings, and you start at 21, then the rear view mirror will be empty)))

4. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    Turn off cockpit rendering on other cars , thats a good few fps

Andi

• Like Like x 1
  5. Yar&Mak

Yar&Mak New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Opponents cockpits? disabled.

6. Yar&Mak

Yar&Mak New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    it seems to me that the decrease in fps is due to the large amount of data transmitted by the server to the client about each participant in the race. if in the first minutes of the race I manage not to earn points for disqualification, in this terrible slide show, then the situation begins to smile as other players are eliminated. after 10 dropped out of the race, the fps increases and you can enjoy the race. Can I somehow check the communication channel client - server? where is the European RRE server geographically located? I hope I made my point clear.

7. Andi Goodwin

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    Yes

Andi

8. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    Your FPS shouldn't be related to the network load. You're probably seeing better FPS when less drivers are on the server because the game needs to render less cars then.

9. Yar&Mak

Yar&Mak New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    then why is the fps low in the qualification, there is no need to render anyone except me. one more moment, before a message appears that someone has entered the server, the game freezes for a split second.
    P.s. in single player mode with fps everything is ok.

10. Andi Goodwin

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    Can you add your full pc/hardware/gpu/ram , cpu .................. specs to your signature it helps loads

Andi

11. Yar&Mak

Yar&Mak New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Haven't been here for a long time.
    The problem is still in drawing a large number of cars, especially on large tracks, Spa, NSh. I set all the parameters associated with the car to a minimum and it became quite comfortable to play.
    Thank you for your advice.