Random game crashes

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Herman He, May 22, 2022.

1. Herman He

Herman He Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    What is going on with these random game crashes.
    Since at least 2 months game crashes have been reported by a bunch of different players.

As far as searching through the different posts has revealed, the crashes seem to be related to the fanatec drivers.
    For a game that prides itself on having the most realistic force feedback this should surely be a major concern.

There seems to be no reaction whatsoever from developers.

The lack of interest for the loyal players,the absence of any reaction of the developers, the same as the slow reaction to reinstate the popular competitions, makes me doubt the long term intentions of the developers.

I hope I'm wrong however, but it does seem that the short term gain of potential new players is more important to developers than the loyal playerbase....

Last edited: May 23, 2022
  2. AndreasAUT

AndreasAUT Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Herman, how exactly does your crash happen, just a game close ( like pressint ALT + F4 ) ?

3. Herman He

Herman He Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    The game just feezes, sometimes with a massive yolt on the steering wheel.
    These are some of the crash dumps, not all seem to have been registered as I had several crashes yesterday and only one crashdump was saved.....

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 23, 2022
  4. Herman He

Herman He Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    New one for today....

Attached Files:

5. willdj72

willdj72 Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    I haven't had many game crashes lately. There was a time that I did suffer from a few but that was many months ago. I know this may seem obvious to you but its impossible to see how you ping is when you enter a server. I notice when someone has a bad connection cause their bouncing all over the track or even disappearing and reappearing. Its frustrating to say the least to race beside them. Also, another obvious thing to keep in mind is your internet connection and its strength. Hopefully you are a ethernet user with really good MBPS. Typically this is the issue with most users. Either they have a base account with their ISP and are running under say 30 MBPS with frequent dips brought on by bad signal strength. Side note: the only servers Ive ever had a drop from is Oceanic servers. Not sure why and Im not sure where in the world is considered oceanic. Im in eastern USA. I try to avoid these servers when it comes to ranked racing. Im always afraid of taking the massive hit on my ratings from getting dropped; although I did enter several this past week and had no issues. There was an update yesterday, not sure if it contained updates to server issues. If you haven't recently did a internet speed check lately, try that and see where you fall. Run it a couple times for the most accurate readings. Good luck

6. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +356 / 0 / -0
    Disconnects and game crashes are two different issues.

7. Herman He

Herman He Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Indeed, no disconnect problem.
    The craches happend in solo competition mode, not during multiplayer races (I prefer competition mode and only play multiplayer if there are no competitions)

8. Herman He

Herman He Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Another day, another crash.....
    Competition mode .........Nordshleife 24h ..... Dottinger Hohe......

Attached Files:

9. Herman He

Herman He Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Hello again,

I'm happy to report that I was able to reach out to one of the developpers and things are beeing looked into.
    It seems that multiple problems are ocurring simultaniously.

Hopefully things can be sorted out.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Herman He

Herman He Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    It seems the problem is solved.
    A faulty Fanatec driver was the culprit. A reinstall solved the problem.
    Many thanks to J-F CARDON for the helping hand and the patience.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1