Bug Leaderboard times in Class P1 not registered...

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Pewe, Jun 22, 2022.

1. Pewe

Pewe New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Did some Leaderboard times in the P1 Class this last weekend (with the Audi R18 and the DMD P20), but none of them registered on the Boards... I also did some times with the Hillclimb Icons (134 Judd V8) during the weekend, but those registered just fine! I tried the P1 Class in the Leaderboards again today, but the problem with that class persists. I also don't get the usual confirmation text that pops up when crossing the finish line "New all time best" (or something similar..) I don't think it's a matter of server delay, but rather that something is broken with that particular class...?

Is this a known problem? Can it be something on my side (my account), something in the game, or something in Steam that could be causing this (I don't know how it's all connected...)?

I can specify cars/track combos, laptimes (and approximate times the were set) if necessary!

2. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +355 / 0 / -0
    I tried it and it saved my time. There was, however, a strange thing. When I looked on the site I'm several places higher than what it said to me in the game (and no, it wasn't because filters were set more strictly). It looks like many of the drivers do not show up on the site but you can see their laptimes when you're driving, at the top of the screen.

3. Pewe

Pewe New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for answering - and for testing!
    Well, something definitely seems broken here, for some users more than others... I guess this is not a big enough problem to reach the devs attention though... Pity, since I would love to hotlap some more in these great cars.

BTW, which car/track combo did you test?

4. fedor

fedor New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    The leaderboard times are not be saved ,last week f4 at Portamoue so i did some laps no time saved and still a blank page .Just tried again some listings but none of mine saved. Like the portal listings doomed to the back cupbord

5. Pewe

Pewe New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    This might be a bigger can of worms than I initially thought... I've now experienced the same problem as Maskerader described, i.e. times on the Leaderboard register, but not in the correct place since there seems to be "hidden" times only showing up in the position bar, but not in the portal... This time though, it was in the Hillclimb Icons Class! Searching through the forum I've found posts about similar problems going back to 2018...

I don't know if this is two sides of the same problem (times either register but in the wrong spot because of hidden times vs times don't register at all...?) In an older answer in the forum it was said to be a cache problem on the servers, which (I guess?) was fixed pretty fast and easily... I know that the P1 Class Leaderboard was wiped due to new physics a while back. Maybe the same has been done in other classes because of updated track limits or for some other reasons. Is there a connection here?

Personally, this is devastating to me. Leaderboards is ALL I do in this sim. I've spent a lot of time and hard work achieving many top and podium times. It's my drug! If I can't trust the Boards the motivation for continuing cools off considerably...

Could this bug be passed on to devs please!!

6. Beastux

Beastux Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +288 / 0 / -0
    I'm afraid there were bugs since a long time in the leaderboards. I opened tickets on 1st april 2019, 29th march 2020 and 25th june 2021, each time about laptimes never recorded. It even happened in hotlap competitions, with no information about the gap when you cross the finish line.

I remember a competition where my laptimes were only appearing in my SimHub dash, not in the position bar or the standings.

7. TheJack185

TheJack185 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Tried a week ago with car P1 DMD and track Raceroom bridge variant. I did 5-10 valid laps and none were registered in the leaderboard. Quite frustrating since I did a good laptime. Still no fix after all this time, plus i lost my previous record before the physics update.

8. jean31

jean31 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I am new to the game and really a sim rookie, so I was watching closely for progression on the Leaderboard.
    Hillclimb Icon on RaceRoom circuit - Bridge layout, I successfully challenged 2 ghosts consecutively looked at the Leaderboard straight from the circuit Escape menu: I could see myself going up, but both times shown on the leaderboard were off a couple tenths ⊙.☉

edit: just going out the game writing this message and coming back has made me 43rd with the correct time so i guessed i should have waited/refreshed ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

9. morsify

morsify Active Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    Yes, I think that is usually what is happening. I'm not sure there is anything wrong at all. Many times, I have completed a lap time and the correct times are shown immediately on my game screen, but not on the leaderboard, but eventually it always updates correctly. I have gone back to check the next day and they have always looked correct.