Problem RRE Icon will not work on my desktop

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Nash Bobo, Jul 8, 2022.

1. Nash Bobo

Nash Bobo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    The Icon to start RRE will not work. Before it stopped working the software kept crashing (5 times) and couldn't connect. Went to steam to verify the files. It would not even start to verify. Tried to start RRE through Steam and nothing. Got any ideas what to do with my problem?

" Nash"

2. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    Do you mean the game opens but gets stuck on the first splash screen with the cars lined up? Probably an internet issue at your end - once again, try using a free VPN as a workaround or to check of that is the cause.

3. Nash Bobo

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    Vale, No. I mean the Icon on the desktop stopped working, nothing. Tired to start it in Steam and nothing. I could not verify the files etc. I can't get to any screens. I mean nothing works.

4. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    Can you start up Steam itself?

5. Nash Bobo

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    Majuh, I have tried to start play in steam, but nothing. I can start Steam but can't start RRE. Am I domed for a new software download? I am working off my old computer now.

"Nash"

Screenshot (148).png

Last edited: Jul 9, 2022
  6. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    You installed RaceRoom on an external hard drive, right? Maybe Windows assigned a different letter to that hard drive so Steam can't find the game anymore. It must be something like this because Steam can't load the screenshots you made either.